Costco/Kirkland Rollaboard Issue

JaceTheAce

Note to self: Never attempt to use an allen wrench on the low-quality low-grade metal allen bolt that holds the bag's inline-skate wheels on. I attempted to remove the wheels to replace them with these super cool Volcanic LED in-line skate wheels...

glare-p1.jpg

...and the stupid bolt stripped with the very first turn of the allen wrench!

So, I am going to return the bag that I've had for a year to Costco and get a new one. :D

Next bag will be a Purdy Neat Stealth... although I must say that the Costco bag has held up very well so far other than the allen bolt issue.

Southernjets actually put out a memo outlawing these wheels, though it hasn't stopped some people.

There's nothing wrong with having a little fun at work guys. Sheesh, so up tight! I can't even imagine how boring your sex lives are...

Can you just replace them with skate wheels? Does costco still sell these bags? Mine needs some new rims and I don't have a Costco membership.

Viewed as unprofessional . . . but it's not like standards really mattered in this industry for a few years now.

Uniformity means nothing. :whatever:

It is all good, a lot of the FA's here have the light up wheels. :D

Yes. . .FA's. . .enough said.

Then again - perhaps it's because no one at Jace's company has been told "Not to" do this that it's viewed as okay - which is well - fine by me then, they're just silly - like elementary school kids with light up shoes silly. LA Gear right?

Our company has our luggage standards specifically spelled out right next to our uniform standards in our FOM.

Sure.

Most of the girls that have these things just like having a little piece of flair on their bag...that lights up.

But doesn't matter now. . .any attempt to convince you is gone.

I personally don't mind FA's having pieces of flair, but pilots. . .hmm. . .not so much.

I never said I thought they were professional or appropriate for any crew member. I actually think they look a bit silly, but that's just me. My opinion was made up about that long before I read your post. :) You don't have to convince me of anything!

There's nothing wrong with having a little fun at work guys. Sheesh, so up tight!

Dude???

There's a difference between having fun at work and screaming for attention through juvenile flamboyance.

I can't even imagine how boring your sex lives are...

"Whips, chains, whistles, yo-yos!"

but I probably wouldn't have a girlfriend if she had to watch my bag light up as I strolled off to work every morning.

I'm sure there are many other ways to have fun at work

I don't think I've ever seen those wheels. I'm all for having fun at work, but I doubt pax think lightup wheels projects a professional, mature image of the pilot(s) who have their lives in their hands. :rolleyes: Sorry to sound dramatic, but.....

What can I say, I guess I'm just a dumb, old-fart FA. :hiya:

BTW, my sex life is great, in case any of you were even remotely interested. :D

Those wheels will go great with a pair of J-Lo sunglasses. Next thing you know, people with want to one up you with a set of 22" Chrome's W/Spinners on the rollerboard.

Back