Costco/Kirkland Rollaboard Issue

Sorry I decided
glare-p1.jpg

Fail

Just my opinion though...

I'll second these...At least they match the uniform pants.... :D

escape-9110-side-web.jpg

Well it would make it quicker to make your commuter flight at G21 when you've landed at K19 in ORD!

ORLY? I guess it's time to update my crap! ;)

Nah. you're too cool for these. It would ruin the carefully crafted image. How would anyone take you seriously? I flew with a captain who has these on his bag and all I could do was shake my head and laugh when he went barrelling through the concourse.

As freight dawg looking in, I'd say that getting the passengers to their destination on time (with their luggage) would be a good start for a company being professional.

Maybe the look of the flight crew adds to that professionalism. But look at SWA....no coats, no hats, and flight attendants are in khaki pants with polo shirts, or semi casual button up shirts...and the passengers love them because they are mostly on time and there in-flight service is good. They also give the appearance of having fun while they work.

Now I wouldn't have those wheels on my rollerboard. There just not my style. I do have a backpack, a flight case, plus a rollerboard. Thats just because it takes alot of stuff to be away from home for 3 weeks!:crazy:

Pilots just fly the schedule they are given.

Throw mechanical issues, ATC delays, and the ever persistent GDP out of our nation's busiest airports - and well - getting people to their destination on time ends up becoming a much harder battle than when you operate out of very lightly congested airports.

So sure, blame the pilots for being delayed - but every time I'm at work - we do everything we can to make sure we get out of the gate on time. Once we're off, anything outside of the flight crews control really shouldn't even be blamed on them.

You know - since you brought up being on time as a matter of professionalism and such.

Throw mechanical issues, ATC delays, and the ever persistent GDP out of our nation's busiest airports - and well - getting people to their destination on time ends up becoming a much harder battle than when you operate out of very lightly congested airports.

Some days, when the EDCT's are flying out as fast as the printer can print, and #2 for takeoff re-routes are coming in left and right. I find it impressive that anyone gets, anywhere, and that's just trying to get TO our nations busiest airports.

I'll do my best not to judge, but having light up wheels on your roller.:confused: As a pilot?:confused: If Jace was new here, I'd of thought that first post was complete flame bait. IMO

So sure, blame the pilots for being delayed - but every time I'm at work - we do everything we can to make sure we get out of the gate on time. Once we're off, anything outside of the flight crews control really shouldn't even be blamed on them.

You know - since you brought up being on time as a matter of professionalism and such.

Notice that I said the company being professional. I said nothing about individual pilots being professional. Most people don't give two cents how you look. As long as the aircraft with your logo on it gets them to there destination on time with there luggage.

Again look at Southwest.

Note to self: Never attempt to use an allen wrench on the low-quality low-grade metal allen bolt that holds the bag's inline-skate wheels on. I attempted to remove the wheels to replace them with these super cool Volcanic LED in-line skate wheels...

glare-p1.jpg

...and the stupid bolt stripped with the very first turn of the allen wrench!

So, I am going to return the bag that I've had for a year to Costco and get a new one. :D

Next bag will be a Purdy Neat Stealth... although I must say that the Costco bag has held up very well so far other than the allen bolt issue.

Ok, those wheels are "gay".

But, back to the issue at hand. The wheels on the CostCo bag are not removable, they are rivited into the frame. The allen wrench cap is just for show. You have to go get a new bag. Unfortunately they've made a design change and the extra bag strap on the front is not nearly as good as before. Some new weird clip thing.

Back