Continental Hiring

F9DXER

They are suppose to be hiring 10 (8 dispatcher and 2 assistants) here shortly.

Apply at united.com when it gets posted in the next few days.

Yes you will be under the COA side of the house (contract-union) -- not all things have merged yet.

Best of Luck to those that apply.

F9dxer

A former coworker who is up there told me yesterday. I'm pretty excited to get another shot at throwing in for it. I have much more experience than the last time now.

Couple questions about this.

Is it Chicago based or still Houston?

Is there a guarantee of moving over to the UAL side once the merger moves on more or will Smisek say piss off in 6 months?

Why so many openings at the moment? Simply moving people over to UAL or are people jumping ship?
Thanks

1. They are all in Chicago now. No more Houston office. I think there is just some financial positions and support staff left but that's about it.

2. No, unless the company hits hard times. You'll keep your job after dispatch integration. They have a ton of deliveries lined up - 73s and 788s which are all for the sCO side which means again more dispatchers.... There is for sure some job security with that IMO.

3. Lots a people that don't want to move their families from Houston to Chicago. House paid off, kids still in school etc. Same thing happened at ExpressJet which they are still dealing with trying to replace those people more than a year later. I've also heard there are some sUA people that also are leaving the company or at least leaving the NOC because they don't want to deal with the commute into the city. Not sure if that has actually come true though.

1. They are all in Chicago now. No more Houston office. I think there is just some financial positions and support staff left but that's about it.

2. No, unless the company hits hard times. You'll keep your job after dispatch integration. They have a ton of deliveries lined up - 73s and 788s which are all for the sCO side which means again more dispatchers.... There is for sure some job security with that IMO.

3. Lots a people that don't want to move their families from Houston to Chicago. House paid off, kids still in school etc. Same thing happened at ExpressJet which they are still dealing with trying to replace those people more than a year later. I've also heard there are some sUA people that also are leaving the company or at least leaving the NOC because they don't want to deal with the commute into the city. Not sure if that has actually come true though.
1. Truth, we are all in Downtown Chicago now.

2. Truth, once your hired here the only way they are getting rid of you is a failed drug test. We need a lot of new workers here.

3.Truth, by my guess we lost 15% of our dispatchers/ ops managers due to the move. sUA will be losing some people as well as soon as there is a new contract (due to retire and sick of the commute).

I really like it here. If you can get an interview take it.

So bonus if you already have all that experience?
So is that certain cargo company in a southern city not looking that great anymore ;)

@ Manniax......
Thanks for the info. Does any timeline exist for the transition to start? Most all L-UAL people should be using F:WZ in its full potential now (versus dumping an F:WZ Cost Index and Route into Unimatic or using Skypath) and the L-UAL 756 fleet should start using the F:WZ OFP any time now with the A320 fleet starting sometime mid-2013 IIRC? That would leave the L-CAL side next on the list right?

So is that certain cargo company in a southern city not looking that great anymore ;)

Things still running the same on our end, some of us have put in our years, given the company the time and respect they gave us when hired and are ready to move on to bigger and better things.

Did those three months with us help get your flying career of the ground yet? ;)

Let me know when your ready to quit this crap, I can keep going all day with ya, although I prefer just put it behind us now.

Did those three months with us help get your flying career of the ground yet?
Nope (going there again are we)..... but me volunteering to leave kept you in a job. Believe me if you want :tinfoil:

Let me know when your ready to quit this crap, I can keep going all day with ya, although I prefer just put it behind us now.
Who quoted who first..... just sayin' :smoke:

I'll stop when I can make a post in the Flight Control section and not be called out by you.

Normally I don't engage in pissing contests...... but when I do, I prefer to do it on Jetcareers when my commitment keeps being call into question :eek2:

Who quoted who first..... just sayin' :smoke:
I'll stop when I can make a post in the Flight Control section a:eek2:nd not be called out by you.

Ok, honestly I was not trying to call you out on Manniax's reply, I was seriously asking because the position is apparently for Continental and since they don't use F:WZ and Unimatic, would someone with that said experience get a better shot at the job because they are moving over to United. I was serious when I asked that because certain people here may already have a bunch of United Express experience. Sorry if you took that the wrong way but no intentions of calling you out were meant. Clearly you and I know we did not use F:WZ and Unimatic at our current and last positions so I did not think you would be taking offense to my quoting you.....

So bonus if you already have all that experience? ;)

Since neither system is in use by the legacy CO group, I would have to guess not really. I doubt it would hurt either, of course. Would at least give you something to talk about in the interview.

@ Manniax......
Thanks for the info. Does any timeline exist for the transition to start? Most all L-UAL people should be using F:WZ in its full potential now (versus dumping an F:WZ Cost Index and Route into Unimatic or using Skypath) and the L-UAL 756 fleet should start using the F:WZ OFP any time now with the A320 fleet starting sometime mid-2013 IIRC? That would leave the L-CAL side next on the list right?

There is no timeline that I am aware of for training on F:WZ for the legacy CO people. It may depend upon when a unified contract is finally negotiated.

Ok, honestly I was not trying to call you out on Manniax's reply, I was seriously asking because the position is apparently for Continental and since they don't use F:WZ and Unimatic, would someone with that said experience get a better shot at the job because they are moving over to United. I was serious when I asked that because certain people here may already have a bunch of United Express experience. Sorry if you took that the wrong way but no intentions of calling you out were meant. Clearly you and I know we did not use F:WZ and Unimatic at our current and last positions so I did not think you would be taking offense to my quoting you.....
Thanks for the good reply..... I thought you knew I had previous F:WZ experience (hence why I thought you said that).That experience, and a solid walk thru, almost got me on before the merger in an asst. dispatcher type position. I was called by HR but then they filled it internally. I enjoyed working with you while at said company and have never held any grudges. I try to be as laid back as possible and just go with the flow bud! So I'm more than happy with just moving on :)

@ Manniax...... thanks for the info.

Thanks for the good reply..... I thought you knew I had previous F:WZ experience (hence why I thought you said that).That experience, and a solid walk thru, almost got me on before the merger in an asst. dispatcher type position. I was called by HR but then they filled it internally. I enjoyed working with you while at said company and have never held any grudges. I try to be as laid back as possible and just go with the flow bud! So I'm more than happy with just moving on :) .

I did not now you also had previous experience with it actually. Whats done is done, lets move on. Good luck out there :)

The jobs are posted. Good luck to all who apply.

If anyone is thinking they dont have much time in dispatch should also apply for assistant.

Back