Contact Lenses on the road

Jimmy_Norton

After a 20+ year absence, I am switching back to contact lenses. I am getting dailies, and I am curious how you guys store them for travel and keep them organized? I'm kind of a moron, so I can see getting the L and R mixed up. While they are dailies, I am planning on bringing a small bottle of lens solution and a lens case, just in case. Anything else I am not thinking of? Anything else that is flying related that I am not thinking of? Obviously bringing spare glasses (two pairs, actually).
Tnx

After a 20+ year absence, I am switching back to contact lenses. I am getting dailies, and I am curious how you guys store them for travel and keep them organized? I'm kind of a moron, so I can see getting the L and R mixed up. While they are dailies, I am planning on bringing a small bottle of lens solution and a lens case, just in case. Anything else I am not thinking of? Anything else that is flying related that I am not thinking of? Obviously bringing spare glasses (two pairs, actually).
Tnx
I use Clear Care contact solution, works well but you can’t pull them out of the solution early. They keep mine clean and going for longer than normal solution.

I use daily contacts with no extra solution. There’s plenty in each individual pack.

I have the Rx memorized for each eye, but when I first started using them I took a sharpie and marked “L” and “R” on the foil for each pack.

+1 for Clear Care or the store generic hydrogen peroxide/saline solution. I also carry a travel size regular contact solution in case I can't give the full 6+ hrs the Clear Care needs. Also in the bag two sets of spare contacts marked L & R in big sharpie and a old set of extra glasses. I think Canada still requires you to have access to your glasses in the cockpit.

+1 for Clear Care or the store generic hydrogen peroxide/saline solution. I also carry a travel size regular contact solution in case I can't give the full 6+ hrs the Clear Care needs. Also in the bag two sets of spare contacts marked L & R in big sharpie and a old set of extra glasses. I think Canada still requires you to have access to your glasses in the cockpit.

That is true of most international areas, and in fact I was ramp checked in Singapore a few years ago and they asked to see my glasses!

That is true of most international areas, and in fact I was ramp checked in Singapore a few years ago and they asked to see my glasses!

Aren't we required in the US to have a back up pair of glasses with us if we have "must wear corrective lenses" on our medicals?

Aren't we required in the US to have a back up pair of glasses with us if we have "must wear corrective lenses" on our medicals?

Not that I’m aware of. If that’s not the case, please correct me. Certainly not a bad idea if not, I’ve always had a backup.

Not that I’m aware of. If that’s not the case, please correct me. Certainly not a bad idea if not, I’ve always had a backup.

Maybe its a company specific thing.....I donno. But I have always had a backup as well, even flying the lil' airplane.

I believe it depends on how your vision restriction is written. Mine was incorrectly written for a while and apparently required me to have backup lenses of some type.

Back