Considering transferring

bbyrne

Hey everyone, from what I've read on here, opinions of ERAU seem to be that it is more expensive then it's worth. I'm a freshmen right now, and I've started thinking that after this year I may want to transfer to UGA and just get my flight training at an FBO in athens, GA.(Possibly Falcon Aviation). I live in state there so I'd qualify for hope, which would essentially make school free for me. basically what I want to know is any reason I should stay here at riddle paying 35,000 a year more then I would taking this alternate route.

Hey everyone, from what I've read on here, opinions of ERAU seem to be that it is more expensive then it's worth. I'm a freshmen right now, and I've started thinking that after this year I may want to transfer to UGA and just get my flight training at an FBO in athens, GA.(Possibly Falcon Aviation). I live in state there so I'd qualify for hope, which would essentially make school free for me. basically what I want to know is any reason I should stay here at riddle paying 35,000 a year more then I would taking this alternate route.

Unless you're loving riddle, transfer. Going to riddle won't hurt, but if you're looking for a less expensive route, not going to riddle won't hurt either.

I'd have to agree with juxtapilot. I transfered out of ERAU after my freshment year to North Dakota. Yeah I missed the weather but that's about all. Going tens of thousands of dollars into debt and then getting a flying job outta there paying less than $25,000 a year or so is just not worth it. Transfering from there was the best decition I ever made...

Take a close look at how much credit you can transfer between schools before you make any decisions. You could wind up spending a lot of time and money transferring between places. IIRC, UND makes you repeat lessons for certificates/ratings that you already hold. Check out their website for more information.

Back