Congrats to my son...

I have no idea what rank that is in the Navy, but if it has "Commander" in it, it's gotta be good! Congrats to your son and to you for raising him to be an upstanding young man!

I have no idea what rank that is in the Navy, but if it has "Commander" in it, it's gotta be good! Congrats to your son and to you for raising him to be an upstanding young man!

He is in Naval Officer Candidate School at Newport, RI training to become an Ensign in the Navy. His official title is Officer Candidate. He has been selected from his class of 70+ to be the Regimental Commander of his class. During the last 3 of 16 weeks the most senior class runs the Regiment and become Candidate Officers and each of the 70+ is assigned a rank within the class. Graham has been selected as Candidate Captain and Regimental Commander of the entire class for the last 3 weeks!

Of course at the end of this time they are all equal - they are commissioned as Ensigns in the USN.

Still, it's quite an honor to be chosen as first in his class...

Then it's on to flight school!

Kevin

Poor guy; he didn't subscribe to the FF school of thought. I was an "OT 2d Lt" with no official job!

Congrats!

Him being selected regimental commander means he was ranked #1 is all areas so far, as far as I know.

Poor guy; he didn't subscribe to the FF school of thought. I was an "OT 2d Lt" with no official job!

Congrats!

Definitely the way to go, have the least amount of responsibility and get to go on liberty.

Back