Concorde's nose for sale....

CaptainMatt

Concorde\'s nose for sale....

PARIS (Reuters) - The sleek needle-nose of the supersonic Concorde was sold to an anonymous buyer for about $550,000 at an auction on Saturday, over 30 times the price it was expected to fetch, auctioneers Christie's said.
Over two hundred Concorde souvenirs, from the plane's instruction manual to its engine, were up for grabs in the auction, which brought in a total of about $3.9 million. Christie's had expected to bring in a total of only about $294,000 from the sale, whose proceeds go to the Air France foundation, a charity for under-privileged children.

"This enchanting white bird which made us all dream has once again worked its magic," said Francois Curiel, president of Christie's Europe. Concorde was put into retirement by Air France in May and by British Airways last month as already high running costs escalated after an Air France Concorde crashed in July 2000, killing 113 people. In Britain, British Airways Concorde souvenirs will be auctioned on December 1, with prices ranging from about $50 to $59,000.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=564&e=5&u=/nm/france_concorde_auction_dc

Re: Concorde\'s nose for sale....

And Richard Branson wanted to buy an aircraft for 1GBP -

I actually have quite a lot of Concorde stuff - my grandma flew it a few years back, so I have pictures from her day out, with all her paperwork, and everything. In 20 years or so it will be interesting to see it is worth - however I would not sell it, as it will be something to keep in the family - I guess it will take on the notority of Titantic.

Wow imagine having the concorde nose in your house, that would be quite a conversation piece!

Or an engine.
smile.gif

Yeah!! start that baby up every once in a while and blow all those stupid rice racers and their tiny motors away.
cool.gif

Tom

[ QUOTE ]
Or an engine.
smile.gif

Yeah!! start that baby up every once in a while and blow all those stupid rice racers and their tiny motors away.
cool.gif

Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

Or how about just putting the engine on you car...now that would be nice..

Back