Completed pepc- blood pressure?

Katc17

I was wondering if anyone has completed and passed a pepc while disclosing previously being on bp meds....or currently being on bp meds? It is something I have been wondering about....if u want u can post your answer here or just pm me. Thanks!!

If you get the same girl doing your BP that I had,,, she was too busy talking to the other girl doing the dip stick test in my urine to actually count anything. ;)

Yeah I had the same experience lol girl told me to stand on the scale for height and weight flipped the levers around while looking at the other girl, looked at my medical and wrote down the same figures >< lol.. I don't think she ever even looked at my weight/height on their scale.

If I recall correctly in NYC we had the weight/height, pulse, and drug test all taken at the same time down, before heading up to medical for everything else. Apparently I was the first one going through this on the first day of NYC PEPC so they hadn't gotten things straight yet. I had to take the drug test twice, pulse twice, weight/height twice, saw the first medical examiner, then got sent back to medical to see the head flight medical examiner (not sure why cause he didn't know why I was in his office and I have no medical problems). :panic:Oh and my BP was taken by the same person who gave me my vision test. Not to mention I walked around with my own medical chart the whole day. :crazy: All this completely blind because they made me take my contacts off for the whole time and I'm legally blind with out them... :banghead:

If I recall correctly in NYC we had the weight/height, pulse, and drug test all taken at the same time down, before heading up to medical for everything else. Apparently I was the first one going through this on the first day of NYC PEPC so they hadn't gotten things straight yet. I had to take the drug test twice, pulse twice, weight/height twice, saw the first medical examiner, then got sent back to medical to see the head flight medical examiner (not sure why cause he didn't know why I was in his office and I have no medical problems). :panic:Oh and my BP was taken by the same person who gave me my vision test. Not to mention I walked around with my own medical chart the whole day. :crazy: All this completely blind because they made me take my contacts off for the whole time and I'm legally blind with out them... :banghead:

Another ZTL newbie. I too am headed to OKC on October 2nd. Still no FOL. Let me know when you receive yours if you don't mind. I hope to hear from my HR rep by tomorrow.

Another ZTL newbie. I too am headed to OKC on October 2nd. Still no FOL. Let me know when you receive yours if you don't mind. I hope to hear from my HR rep by tomorrow.

will do, I'm with you on hearing by tomorrow. I'm guessing we have the same rep then.

What's up with them making you take your contacts out the whole time? I wear contacts as well.

Also, does anyone know if you have to be withn a certain weight?

Any idea about what the blood pressure limits are?

I'm a big boy, and feel 100% fine all day and everyday. I've never had any issues execpt for the flu every few years. Just want to be prepared for the PEPC in MCI. I'm thinking of going to the FAA Medical Doctor to make sure I am within limits. Anyone else done this?

Blood pressure ranges as posted by Dr. Forred on a different thread a while back.

Age Systolic Diastolic
20-29 140 90
30-39 150 90
40-49 150 100
50 &> 160 100

Not sure about why they would make you take your contacts out the whole day. That seems odd to me.

So if already have a class-3 airmen's medical should I be pretty set when it comes to the PEPC medical ?

So if already have a class-3 airmen's medical should I be pretty set when it comes to the PEPC medical ?

I asked my AME that same question when I went in for my 1st class last week. He said its basically a second class in addition to an audiogram and I think he said an EKG.

Oh, and a prostate exam. . . . Just kidding. . .

Anyone know of anyone who did NOT pass their medical because of blood pressure?

I run 130-145/85, but I am worried that with the stress of PEPC day that I will be running on the high end.

If you are over the limit at your PEPC are you given the chance to be examined by your own doctor, or are you out of luck?

Back