Complaining About the FAA

EnnisLynch

This is probably stupid since I like using my real name but the FSDO in Maine has been a royal PITA. I was just told over the phone this morning that my Medical Flight Test and I quote, "Just isn't a priority for us"; He went on to indicate that they had more important things to do, like investigate accidents and give check-rides. Of course since I am supposed to get a check-ride too and he knows it I am doubly offended.

I am going to stop here before I say something I may live to regret.

This is probably stupid since I like using my real name but the FSDO in Maine has been a royal PITA. I was just told over the phone this morning that my Medical Flight Test and I quote, "Just isn't a priority for us"; He went on to indicate that they had more important things to do, like investigate accidents and give check-rides. Of course since I am supposed to get a check-ride too and he knows it I am doubly offended.

But don't you know they're here to help

See if you can do the MFT at the Windsor Locks FSDO at BDL. I had to do a MFT and they were very professional about setting it up and getting it done relatively quickly. 860-654-1000

Congressman helping the aviation community out? Yeah right! :laff:

You guys joke... but it actually helped me. I was getting the runaround for months with CAMI about getting a special issuance. I wrote a letter to both senators and my rep. The senators didn't do squat, but the rep responded with a letter that had details that I didn't tell him about. A week later I had my medical in my hand.

Coincidence? Maybe, but... the idea came from my mom (who works for the .gov), she said you wouldn't believe how effective a congressional inquiry is at getting things done. The trick is to get them to inquire.

It's your tax money and they work for YOU. Write/call your congressman.

Eh, Write a letter to the FSDO supervisor. Once they have a written letter about a formal complaint then they HAVE to do something about it.

I have a lot of experience dealing with the FAA. Don't let them push you around!!

The problem with the FSDO's is they operate like little communist countries... they just do what they want.

Try and reach out to the manager of the FSDO, even if you have to go there in person and ask to see him/her. If you can get some face time explain your situation and see if they can work something out. This could be due to lazy workers or there could be a very good reason why they can't accommodate you, sometimes it's harder to to turn someone down in person then over the phone.

To be fair I will say that the entire FAA is suffering from staffing issues... I know someone in a local FSDO and at any time his desk is full with stuff to do.

If you strikeout then I would try the political method or try another FSDO.

Good Luck.

You're in Maine, right?

Senator Collins is up for reelection and it's going to be a tight one.

Give her LOCAL office a call.

Back