CommuteAir

RDUspotter

I have an interview coming up with CommuteAir and I can’t seem to find a whole lot of info about working for them online. Has anyone here worked with them or know anything about them/can share experiences?

Thad is the best boss you will ever work for. The 145 is a good aircraft to learn on as it forces you to get creative- really tough to get any kind of gas on it if it’s a full boat. The Cleveland area is in my opinion underrated. The actual city itself isn’t my favorite but there’s tons of great parks and outdoor activities to do and nothing is a very far drive. One of the more affordable regional locations for sure. The people I worked with there were great- I still keep up with some of them even though we’re at different majors. Don’t know what their schedule is these days but when I was there it was 4 on 3 off 10hr shifts

Thad is the best boss you will ever work for. The 145 is a good aircraft to learn on as it forces you to get creative- really tough to get any kind of gas on it if it’s a full boat. The Cleveland area is in my opinion underrated. The actual city itself isn’t my favorite but there’s tons of great parks and outdoor activities to do and nothing is a very far drive. One of the more affordable regional locations for sure. The people I worked with there were great- I still keep up with some of them even though we’re at different majors. Don’t know what their schedule is these days but when I was there it was 4 on 3 off 10hr shifts
Right now they told me on the phone interview that it’s 3 on w/ 2 days on call that they pay you for 5 hrs each, and if you get called in you get paid 5 hrs OT.
So like if you don’t get called you work 3 days get paid 40 hrs, if you do get called you work 4 days paid 45, which tbh seems like a pretty sweet deal.

I second what Htown says. I was there in the Dash-8 days and it was probably the best learning I could have had. We had 2 desks at the time. Cleveland is a typical Midwest city, but that suited me just fine. We used to joke that is was a mom and pop airline and it felt like it in the best way compared to the 30+ desk super regionals.

I have an interview coming up with CommuteAir and I can’t seem to find a whole lot of info about working for them online. Has anyone here worked with them or know anything about them/can share experiences?
Howdy, current A/C Dispatcher for C5 actually just got home from Desk 3!
CommuteAir is a fairly decent place to work, a bit more of a quieter operation compared to like SkyWest or RPA but it's a nice environment to work at, I've been here for about a year and as HTown said, Thad is an amazing CD to work with, he's receptive, communicative, and genuinely cares for the dispatch dept. Currently we work 3 on 4 off, 4 on 3 off schedule, with a rotating reserve shift every other week. Being my first job in the Dispatch community I've felt very welcomed and very happy with the general establishment here. Feel free to ask any specific questions and I can try to answer them, best of luck and hope to see you on the team soon!

I was curious if anyone knows when they’ll start letting people if they’re hired. I know when I did the HR interview, they said by Sept 9 or 11th. It wasn’t mentioned during the video interview. Thanks.

Hello I'm a new member along with being a new Dispatcher getting my license this past June. I have a upcoming interview(Video) on Thursday with CommuteAir. And was wondering what are some questions they would be asking? Thanks
and HR said they will be making call on the 9th making job offers

Hello I'm a new member along with being a new Dispatcher getting my license this past June. I have a upcoming interview(Video) on Thursday with CommuteAir. And was wondering what are some questions they would be asking? Thanks
and HR said they will be making call on the 9th making job offers
Thank you! The video interview I had was comprised of 3 parts. I can’t remember the first part, but the second part was the technical part, and the third was a get to know you part.

There were a few questions that tripped me up as I got my license back in March and I couldn’t remember. They asked when you need a second alt and what it’s called. And there was one about what icing affects.

I hope this helps and good luck!

I second everything Htown said. Thad is an awesome boss and it's a great place to cut your teeth on dispatch. The pay is significantly better than it was when I started almost 8 years ago now and they are one of United's larger regionals. Cleveland is a very underrated city with more to do than you think. The greatest amusement park in the world, Cedar Point, is also only about a 1.5 hour drive away. I highly recommend it as a place to get started. The pay is reasonable enough now that you may even want to stay as there are a few dispatchers there who are lifers.

Back