CommutAir to Furlough?

juxtapilot

Snowflake
I saw on APC that Commutair is to furlough 12% of their pilot group. I think this might be a bit of a shocker for their pilots as they were expecting hiring to pick up soon, with the new EWR base. Anyone have official news on this?

Yea, I just figured with their expanding route structure and their possibility of leasing the rest of Horizon's planes (200's), this would be the most inopportune moment for a furlough.

Dont they start in EWR today? How is that going? It will be good to see more prop trash in EWR.

You do realize they're getting our cozy little crew room, too. Hopefully, our bigger, badder one will be ready for us and we won't have to camp out in the terminal. One of my favoritet CA's suggested we pitch some tents and sing campfire songs while waiting for our new room to be ready! Sounds like a great idea, no?
So, be sure to bring the marshmallows!

I'm sure our friends at CommutAir wouldn't mind sharing space for a little while... talk about REALLY cozy, eh? :)

Wish ya'll the best at EWR and hope the furloughs will be minimal.

Hey, Fries....You at EWR now? Is anybody on here that's there? I was just wondering if we're still officially using that room. I don't want to make the long trek down there only to find we're not there anymore when I show up a little later. :buck:

Cfii2007 I thought you said you decided against going to Commutair anyway hahaha...what do you care?!

Yeah it was a fun time. Coming from CLE it sure was different. Thanks for the crew room. The view is great. Everyone has enjoyed sitting on the floor. :laff:. I hope that we don't actually furlough anyone. :confused:

Enjoy your new (our old) crewroom. ;) Just have patience with those of us who try to wander in before we "re-train" ourselves to go to the new crewroom! :buck: :panic: :D

Enjoy your new (our old) crewroom. ;) Just have patience with those of us who try to wander in before we "re-train" ourselves to go to the new crewroom! :buck: :panic: :D
Oh that's no problem, although they changed the door code yesterday. Everyone from Colgan that I have met has gone overboard to help me out and have been super friendly. Thanks!:)

Haha...I figured. Anyway, thanks for the kind words about us Colgan-ites. Welcome to EWR, "little brother!" :rawk: Although, it's going to feel weird not to be the new kids on the block anymore and sink into anonymity in Terminal C. :( :cwm27:

Back