CommutAir sim instructor

rjmore

Gastrointestinally Challenged
Does anyone on the forum have any insight into the Commutair sim instructor position? I may be sidelined for a while and I live in the Houston area so it might be a good fit and I think I would enjoy teaching in the sim. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Do you have specific questions?

Generally speaking the offline instructors we have seem to be happy, they are all CVG locals so if we do in fact move everything to IAH I suspect some may not stay on, further increasing our need.
I would also suspect 145 time is a de facto requirement in the current climate. Again if you have specifics questions let em rip.

Do you have specific questions?

Generally speaking the offline instructors we have seem to be happy, they are all CVG locals so if we do in fact move everything to IAH I suspect some may not stay on, further increasing our need.
I would also suspect 145 time is a de facto requirement in the current climate. Again if you have specifics questions let em rip.

There isn't a whole lot of information out there about the position so I am really just looking for QOL, pay, and schedule information. The current listing is for IAH so it sounds like a good fit as I live about 30 mins north of the airport. I am typed in the 145 though it has been about 13 years since I flew the airplane. I enjoyed my time flying it and think I would enjoy teaching in the sim.

I'd imagine every ExpressJet instructor will be applying for this, they're all already in houston and C5 is taking over a turn key training center from them.

Yes, I suspect you're probably right so it may not work out since there are a lot of guys that were already doing the job in the sim.

Last edited:
Back