CommutAir Hiring

Here is the link to apply. Requirements are listed, reach out to any C5 guys you may know as we are a small operation so even substantial growth for us is a drop in the furlough bucket.

Word is we are trying to add 20ish ERJs rather quickly. We probably need 250-300 pilots to staff. As my anonymous C5 counterpart said, your best bet at getting an interview are to have some or all of the following:

-- ATP with EMB-145 type rating
-- Employed by UAX carrier (or facing furlough from United)
-- Letter of Recommendation from current C5 pilot

There's always a chance at getting an interview outside without any of those things, but the word on the street is the company will be weighing those elements more than others.

Feel free to ask any other questions or send me a PM.

Word is we are trying to add 20ish ERJs rather quickly. We probably need 250-300 pilots to staff. As my anonymous C5 counterpart said, your best bet at getting an interview are to have some or all of the following:

-- ATP with EMB-145 type rating
-- Employed by UAX carrier (or facing furlough from United)
-- Letter of Recommendation from current C5 pilot

There's always a chance at getting an interview outside without any of those things, but the word on the street is the company will be weighing those elements more than others.

Feel free to ask any other questions or send me a PM.

So that would bring the fleet count up to about 57 ERJs with 700ish pilots? Are you guys adding bases to supplement the XJT flying beyond EWR and IAD? Thanks for the reply.

So that would bring the fleet count up to about 57 ERJs with 700ish pilots? Are you guys adding bases to supplement the XJT flying beyond EWR and IAD? Thanks for the reply.

We will be adding an IAH base in October. Not sure about the total fleet numbers or number of pilots needed and with how volatile the situation is right now I'm sure that could change quickly anyway.

We aren't hiring as many as I thought because we aren't projecting to increase our flying too much between now and the end of the year. First quarter next year hiring should pick up considerably.

Just to be clear -- and provide accurate information to anyone reading this thread -- they haven't announced a base. The recruiters posted a pic of the DEN terminal spires saying we will be starting flights there. I could see a base opening, but it hasn't been announced (yet).

Just to be clear -- and provide accurate information to anyone reading this thread -- they haven't announced a base. The recruiters posted a pic of the DEN terminal spires saying we will be starting flights there. I could see a base opening, but it hasn't been announced (yet).
You’re right, perhaps I’m too early, but I don’t think it’s untrue, just not official yet.

They announced a MX base, but haven’t seen anything about a pilot base.

Back