Commutable Medevac companies?

None unless you are an area/floater pilot, but you’re usually pretty senior to get those positions.

If you’re willing to be a float (not assigned to a base), Guardian will pay travel expenses (Provide a company car or rental as necessary, airline tickets) depending on where you live, as well as travel time. 2 on 2 off with a travel day on each end.

Also, you’ll be put up in a crew house and provided a vehicle while you’re in base. If a house isn’t available you’ll be provided a hotel room.

Air Methods provides housing at many of the FW bases, but not all. It will be listed in the job vacancy if it provides housing. We have a vacancy in Carlsbad and Roswell NM which both provide housing. I believe we have a base in San Francisco, which doesn’t provide housing but the cost of living multiplier for that base is 1.5 so you’d start close to 100k/yr... which is kind of low middle class for that area LOL.

Air Methods also has vacancy for national relief pilots. Theoretically you could be home based I guess, but I imagine you’d do a lot of traveling. It would be a good option for those who didn’t want to move anywhere because wherever you went they’d put you in a hotel and give you per diem.

Back