Commercial Multi Passed

kparrott154

Well everyone, I was finally able to pass my commercial multi checkride!

I was ready for the checkride last week, but the DE said the FAA wanted to sit in and watch his checkride. So I had to wait to hear back from him and the day was today!

The oral went fine with no real surprises. Nothing that other instructors haven't told me about. The shock came when he said we'd do an NDB approach instead of the GPS approach like everyone told me we'd probably do. Having never flown and NDB approach in this airplane, PA-44-180, I was a little nervous and the last NDB approach I did was back in July. I made it though and had no problems!

It was a relief to get this out of the way, especially with the FAA sitting in on the oral and the flight. My Commercial single certificate just arrived Tuesday and now its not even important.

Sorry for the brief write up, but the only real surprise was the NDB approach. The speciality take-offs and landings, stalls, slow flight, steep turns, and VMC demo were nothing out of the blue I was expecting.

Congratulations.

I had to do NDB approaches in the UK a lot, because it is part of the IFR infrastructure. Surprised you were made to do one, though..

Nice job man! Congrats!

That is really messed up that he chose the NDB for you. Was it the NDB into FZI?

Nice job man! Congrats!

That is really messed up that he chose the NDB for you. Was it the NDB into FZI?

Yeah that was it. I really shouldn't be to upset, that was a better option than the DME arc into FZI... I'm so glad the FDY VOR is still out of service!

Back