Comair Reductions

Comair awarded UAL flying? Hahahahaha. Whew. Hahahaha. WHEW! Don't you love rumors? I will buy every member of jetcareers a beer if this ever becomes true.

Disclaimer: UNLESS it becomes true after Comair is sold off by Delta.:)
We have bid and UAL has not awarded us the flying...yet. UAL and UAX were here three weeks ago and toured the GO and the SOCC. I recognized a few that I had met while I was at Mesa. We do have Delta's appoval to fly for other mainline carriers as long as the routes do not overlap Delta operated routes i.e. CVG-ORD or ORD-JFK. The relax of scope was part of our Ch.11 reorganization.

We have bid and UAL has not awarded us the flying...yet. UAL and UAX were here three weeks ago and toured the GO and the SOCC. I recognized a few that I had met while I was at Mesa. We do have Delta's appoval to fly for other mainline carriers as long as the routes do not overlap Delta operated routes i.e. CVG-ORD or ORD-JFK. The relax of scope was part of our Ch.11 reorganization.

Every regional that UAL has been to has the "UAL is SO interested us" rumor going around. Including ASA. Believe it when the planes show up with wet paint dripping.

Had a Comair captain in the JS today, poor guy is getting downgraded soon. He did seem positive about being a relative senior FO again and having a good schedule. Always gotta find something positive out of ###### situations. Sorry to everyone affected out there. Hang in there!

So what the heck does this mean???? Cancellation of Displacement Bid, All COLA's honored, and "Open Communication"..... Does this mean more or less furloughs for Sept? Hahahaha.. Lawd ab merrrcy.

Now they just yanked the furlough list of 90 guys. Its not on the site anymore. Something weird is going on.

Word is they were having a hard time figuring out the training schedule to retrain all the displacements (Duh!). I think there will still be some furloughs and displacements, but hopefully a lot less and with some more COLAs. We should find out more next week.

Apparently there will be a big announcement tomorrow (Monday) that should make a lot of people happy...

Apparently there will be a big announcement tomorrow (Monday) that should make a lot of people happy...

CMR will be purchasing 73 seat buses. all flying will be systematically removed as pilots are brought up to speed on the new equipment. passenger approval ratings are expected to increase as travel times and delays are drastically reduced. fuel savings will be exponential. expect adoption of a new uniform to better complement the new strategy (see Virgin America)

August 5, 2008
TO: Comair Team
RE: Delta Connection Opportunity Modifies Plan
Our flight schedule for the remainder of the year continues to shift dramatically. Most recently,
Delta Connection requested that we operate additional CRJ900 aircraft beginning in October. In
order to be successful, we must make the following adjustments:
- Fleet: Our maintenance team will begin receiving additional CRJ900s in September. We
will start flying up to three of these aircraft in October, and operate a total of seven by the
end of November.

Back