Comair - letter of interest

great time to try and cut the fat. wish they'd give senior guys some options to leave if they want to. I'm sure many would, or so I've heard. hell, wish they'd give me the option for voluntary furlough. I'd love to hook up someone under me...I've got plans I'd like to execute but I'm waiting for the axe to fall in January.

Word on the street is that Comair, Mesaba and Compass will be merged...

There is no word in corporate of that. No to mention it would cost a fortune and you wouldn't gain anything. Spend millions trying to merge 3 seperate certificates with vastly different pilot groups for no net gain in profit? That is probably the most retarded(mentally challenged to be PC) rumor out there becuase it makes no sense from Delta's stand point or for the individual carriers stand point. Cost benifit analysis says all cost no benifit.

Why did they keep ASA and Comair seperate? To sell one off in the time of need. Why is Mesaba getting the CRJ900? Cost structure having been beaten down and built back up. What can Delta do with 3 carriers? Tear down Comair create a lower cost structure and build them back up. 7-10 years from now I believe the roles will be reversed between Comair and Mesaba. Not to mention at XJ contract negotiations begin in 2010 and with our snap provisions we will have the highest pay rates in the industry(excluding horizon but their soft pay is a joke) and negotiating for a new contract. They need to be able to whip saw that.

Comair has consistently made a profit for Delta?

Spare me. The company itself makes a profit. So does Eagle. That's what CPA's get for you. The pass through expenses (fuel, glycol, etc) go straight to mainline with no markup. Delta, AMR, etc, lose money on regional ops. They just hope to make money flying the passenger you bring from bumble****, USA into a hub, on to Paris.

There is no word in corporate of that. No to mention it would cost a fortune and you wouldn't gain anything. Spend millions trying to merge 3 seperate certificates with vastly different pilot groups for no net gain in profit? That is probably the most retarded(mentally challenged to be PC) rumor out there becuase it makes no sense from Delta's stand point or for the individual carriers stand point. Cost benifit analysis says all cost no benifit.

Why did they keep ASA and Comair seperate? To sell one off in the time of need. Why is Mesaba getting the CRJ900? Cost structure having been beaten down and built back up. What can Delta do with 3 carriers? Tear down Comair create a lower cost structure and build them back up. 7-10 years from now I believe the roles will be reversed between Comair and Mesaba. Not to mention at XJ contract negotiations begin in 2010 and with our snap provisions we will have the highest pay rates in the industry(excluding horizon but their soft pay is a joke) and negotiating for a new contract. They need to be able to whip saw that.

I heard this rumor a while back. As I heard, Mesaba and Compass are already part of one holding group. All ya gotta do is add Comair to it...then you have....ComMeCom Holdings Group!

I still feel that Delta will dissolve Comair, turn the 70's and 90's over to the other 2, and sell off and turn in the 50's. Without the 50's, there are not that many planes to reassign.

I heard this rumor a while back. As I heard, Mesaba and Compass are already part of one holding group. All ya gotta do is add Comair to it...then you have....ComMeCom Holdings Group!

I still feel that Delta will dissolve Comair, turn the 70's and 90's over to the other 2, and sell off and turn in the 50's. Without the 50's, there are not that many planes to reassign.

Being a part of a holding group and merging airlines are two different ball games. I expected the guy from ASA already understood that first hand.:rolleyes:

It might sound a little abrasive, but keep moving up that food chain until the name on the side of the aircraft matches the "Payer" line on your pay check.

This can be a rough business and it's run by people who aren't looking out for your best interests.

It might sound a little abrasive, but keep moving up that food chain until the name on the side of the aircraft matches the "Payer" line on your pay check.

This can be a rough business and it's run by people who aren't looking out for your best interests.

But AMR is on the side of the plane I fly.:D

Oh there's always one. There's aaaaaaalllllllways one... :)

BTW, ohh, I'll save that for a PM. Check your box in another five mins.

207f8f276801444cd65dc483be0acaeb_857.jpg

with exceptions ;)

Back