Colleges?

Jeremy

Hello

I'm trying to decide upon colleges. I've heard its not required, but I've checked some places and they said atleast a 2 year degree. I also don't know which college would be best for me.

I live in New Jersey, so some colleges I could go to are Rowan University, Stockton College, Rutgers University, and possibly Penn State. Those are all state colleges (I believe). But, there is an ever more local one, but it is a community college (ACCC - Atlantic Cape Community College).

So, here are my questions

1. College or no college?
2. How many years?
3. Does it matter really the level of college you attend?

Thanks!

1. College or no college?

Absolutely.

Beyond that, consider that your goals may change radically during the next 2-4 years; don't commit yourself so quickly to one profession before you get a chance to see what else is out there.

Seek whatever educational experience will expose you to the broadest range of possibilities. Then decide.

Absolutely.

Beyond that, consider that your goals may change radically during the next 2-4 years; don't commit yourself so quickly to one profession before you get a chance to see what else is out there.

Seek whatever educational experience will expose you to the broadest range of possibilities. Then decide.
:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

Thread placement: epic fail.

Also, use the search function. There are at least 10 "college?!?!" threads on JC.

< Moved from Ask a Flight Surgeon forum. >
rotfl.gif

I laughed for way too long about that.

Don't worry about it. Welcome to JC!

I went to Rutgers and had no issues getting hired at an airline. Go to college, major in something you enjoy, and pursue the dream!

Don't worry about it. Welcome to JC!

I went to Rutgers and had no issues getting hired at an airline. Go to college, major in something you enjoy, and pursue the dream!

Well, that gives me some motivation. Can I ask how many years, and where you learned to actually fly at?

I went to Rutgers from the fall of 2001 graduating on time in the spring of 2005 while playing football. Major was Political Science

I started taking lessons out of Belmar Airport KBLM, in April 2004, Private in August 2004, IFR January 2005, Commercial and CFIs in May 2005. Instructed summer of 2005 and was hired at my airline September 2005.

Shoot me a PM if you have any specific questions.

You can also go to a school that has aviation degrees, and also a strong vocational program.

For example my degree will be in aviation, however I am getting my certificate in diesel technology. That way if my aviation dream should fail I can get a leg up in my next dream job of being an engineer in the maritime industry.

Back