College?

That's what the doomers said in the fall of 2001.

Given the number of early retirements and buyouts at the majors I wouldn't be surprised if hiring slowly started back up 24 months after this virus is under control. I don't see another "lost decade" happening again.

I could be completely wrong.
And in 2008.

It's a moot point now since none of them are hiring right now nor will be for years, if ever again. If they do they'll have their pick of applicants so I'd be surprised if it's possible to get hired without a degree but who knows.

Ever again lol.
A bit extreme there.
The sheer growth rate of the world population makes this impossible. Air travel WILL grow after this little time out.

I just wrote what I hope is the last paper for my M.S., and that was supposed to take 2 years, and it’s taken just over 3, as it turns out, because life happens. And I don’t have the wife and kid to worry about to add to that.

Work and life (or both) get in the way occasionally, so “right now” is always the answer.

Congrats!

Ever again lol.
A bit extreme there.
The sheer growth rate of the world population makes this impossible. Air travel WILL grow after this little time out.
And not only that, but at some point sooner than we all expect, hiring will look like it did in Feb of this year.

I just wrote what I hope is the last paper for my M.S., and that was supposed to take 2 years, and it’s taken just over 3, as it turns out, because life happens. And I don’t have the wife and kid to worry about to add to that.

Work and life (or both) get in the way occasionally, so “right now” is always the answer.

Congratulations! What field?

Congratulations! What field?
Human Factors, Aerospace concentration.

Hilariously, the University abolished both the concentrations and the Capstone starting in this catalog year and shortened the non-research (e.g. non-Thesis) track by 6 units; they saw it was good and I saw it and was sad. Having just done Capstone I can see why, there are some real pedagogical issues with how it's carried out, unfortunately.

It's a moot point now since none of them are hiring right now nor will be for years, if ever again. If they do they'll have their pick of applicants so I'd be surprised if it's possible to get hired without a degree but who knows.
Here's some advice. Don't listen to literally anything this dude or @SlumTodd_Millionaire has to say unless you want to feel horrible about yourself, your future, and never have an ounce of happiness.

Just keep scrollin! Oh, and get the degree!

Back