College and GPA Questions on Apps

That's the tricky part.

In a perfect world or if there are a low number of applicants for a specialized position it would be great. But in an industry who screens with large amounts of quantitative data, aye yi yi.

It's a great idea, don't get me wrong, but sometimes you've got to know which horse is faster without the backstory.

@BEEF SUPREME I have a close family member who went to UCSC pre-2001 and has the same BS evaluations.

Obviously this caused a large number of people grief trying to get into graduate schools other places, etc. Apparently all the professors were supposed to use code words to translate the evaluation into a letter grade. I.e. "Excellent" was an A, while "Acceptable" was a C.

Have you tried contacting the registrar's office recently, or your residential college? Apparently they are supposed to give you guidance on how to convert the transcript to a regular GPA, or even may do it for you. My family member never went through with it and doesn't know for sure.

@BEEF SUPREME I have a close family member who went to UCSC pre-2001 and has the same BS evaluations.

Obviously this caused a large number of people grief trying to get into graduate schools other places, etc. Apparently all the professors were supposed to use code words to translate the evaluation into a letter grade. I.e. "Excellent" was an A, while "Acceptable" was a C.

Have you tried contacting the registrar's office recently, or your residential college? Apparently they are supposed to give you guidance on how to convert the transcript to a regular GPA, or even may do it for you. My family member never went through with it and doesn't know for sure.

I'll give it a shot. Maybe I'll bring them a cake and they'll give me a GPA?

image.jpg

Ehh, sounds like some kind of fruity, commie, California type thing.

:stir:

Why aren't you studying?

And you'd better at least do a month in NYC before retiring to the relative calmness of Mecca. (congrats!)

Why aren't you studying?

And you'd better at least do a month in NYC before retiring to the relative calmness of Mecca. (congrats!)

Study time starts next week. 4 more trips in NYC on the ER and then that's it. Just got ATLM88A on this last bid. :D

Back