Colgan Q's

wick81

Word coming down is that they excercised options for 15 more Q's starting delivery in November of 09. No word on who for, but rumor says that they will be for Continental and unfortunately put in EWR. I think ATW had a small blurb on it as well. The training department is looking to ramp up again in Jan or Feb.

Word is that the "Q" options are for an un-named as of yet code-share. In other words, using the "build it and they will come" theory. Other news on campus is that your next recurrent has a pretty good possibility of being in ALB, and the hangar facility in HEF is for sale. PNCL Holdings is still leasing some office space, but the facility is otherwise empty.

Whipsaw? I don't know about that. What I do know is that both are flying larger equipment for less than others. Plus, being that Colgan is the one of the few hiring do people think bringing ALPA into Colgan will mean more money or more money for a few and furloughs for others so the few can get a pay increase or even lower pay for larger equipment with a high turnover rate with a quick upgrade?

Whipsaw? I don't know about that. What I do know is that both are flying larger equipment for less than others. Plus, being that Colgan is the one of the few hiring do people think bringing ALPA into Colgan will mean more money or more money for a few and furloughs for others so the few can get a pay increase or even lower pay for larger equipment with a high turnover rate with a quick upgrade?

PCL 128 can comment better than I, but CJC isn't gonna bring any money to ALPA that won't go RIGHT back out the door. Even Eagle costs ALPA more than it makes, their FO's make more than your captains. Good news that you guys are already expecting it to happen, of course I remember when we thought that last year too.

As far as the whipsaw, holding back aircraft from the pinnacle pilot group or dangling them in front of their eyes to make them sign a contract has been used time and time again.

Hopefully some pinnacle guys can comment on that though.

i wouldnt say that.

It's a possibility. Management's not too happy with us for refusing to sign their crap deals they keep putting in front of us. The ASA's are loosely worded as far as who the flying goes to. Seeing as the holding company and the airline are both called "Pinnacle," management can always say "Oh, they deal is with Pinnacle Holdings, and we own Colgan. Therefore, we can award the flying to Colgan."

Some guys still take issue about where the money for Colgan and the Qs came from. Even more take issue with the "We don't have the money for raises.....but we apparently have money for more airplanes and a whole other AIRLINE" management pulled a couple of years ago.

Upgrades on the -200 over here have stopped, and they've been stopped for months (Sorry, Ken. JUST when you turned 23, too). The gravy train on the -900 upgrades is gonna come to a screeching halt once we take delivery of our last airplane. I'm thinking that's probably gonna be soon, too, since they had to accelerate stuff b/c of the Freedom airplanes. Those airplanes will be going to another DCI carrier once we start taking delivery of our other ones from Bombardier.

If the company can use Colgan as a gun to our heads to sign a deal, they will do it. They've already used Mesaba countless times, and they aren't even owned by Pinnacle.

Speaking of Colgan. I saw the most rag-bag looking fat slob of a "pilot" sitting in front of me on a JetBlue flight out of EWR. I know they pay you guys complete crap over there, but I am pretty sure they pay enough to buy an iron. Also. You are not a Continental pilot if you fly for Chucky. Quit telling people that, particularly when you look like a fat hobo.

This is just reason # 1,243 that we need to vote in Alpa. In Buddy Casey's meetings he held this week, he assured us that we aren't even eligible to take deliveries until 2010, so I don't know where 2009 came from. This was also in the Pinnacle Holdings 2nd quarter conference call/press release.

The sky is fallng! I still have a bid in for any CA seat but I don't expect a spot until a contract (with scope!) and the summer flying. Frustrating... Looks like you had good timing kell..

I hope 9l brings in AlPA- it helps both sides!

This is just reason # 1,243 that we need to vote in Alpa. In Buddy Casey's meetings he held this week, he assured us that we aren't even eligible to take deliveries until 2010, so I don't know where 2009 came from. This was also in the Pinnacle Holdings 2nd quarter conference call/press release.

These things change all the time, and besides November 2009 is not that far away from 2010. From past experience with Bombardier, a November 2009 delivery slot means that we will actually recieve the airplane in 2010. Maybe they are just planning for the delay :)

Speaking of Colgan. I saw the most rag-bag looking fat slob of a "pilot" sitting in front of me on a JetBlue flight out of EWR. I know they pay you guys complete crap over there, but I am pretty sure they pay enough to buy an iron. Also. You are not a Continental pilot if you fly for Chucky. Quit telling people that, particularly when you look like a fat hobo.

Every airline has these, it is not a condition indicative of Colgan. I do agree that it is irritating though.

Nope, we definitely aren't Continental pilots, and nor do I ever want to be one. Colgan, Commutair, Expressjet, Chataqua - none of these are Cal pilots nor should think that they are. When I'm talking to a girl and she asks me what I do, I tell her I fly for Colgan, not even continental connection.

Every company has fat slobs, get over it. If you really didn't like how he looked, go say something. If I looked like crap you would be more than welcome to come say something to me, but if you catch me after a standup, you and I are gonna have a few words that you ain't gonna like.

The sky is fallng! I still have a bid in for any CA seat but I don't expect a spot until a contract (with scope!) and the summer flying. Frustrating... Looks like you had good timing kell..

I hope 9l brings in AlPA- it helps both sides!

No kidding. I'm still floored at how senior that displacement award went. At least it moves me up 7 slots in MEM since it doesn't look like there's gonna be much more movement after that.

haven't seen any press releases on exercising Q's. something like that would def be public considering the price of a share right now (2.64)

there can be no press release until the code share they are under agreement with, releases them from a non disclosure agreement

Insider trading can be a messy subject.

Back