Colgan Q's

there can be no press release until the code share they are under agreement with, releases them from a non disclosure agreement

Insider trading can be a messy subject.

unlikely anyone in the rank and file would know either

stand up. arggh

Okay well board up Sat night, then you will get a call from dispatch telling you to deplane so that me and my crew can have your plane. At this point, me and my crew will be on the jetway, where your passengers can cuss us out. After you deplane, I will get onboard, only to realize that the plane I was supposed to take was fixed and ready to go. During this process, our passengers have gone back from gate 107 to gate 70 at least 3 to 4 times. Afterwards, the rampies will come ask me if they can put more luggage in the front, as the rear cargo is full with 85 bags, but we only have 30 passengers on board. The bags are on the wrong plane, so they must be swapped out. During this process, we can't get our own bags on the plane, as your f.o. took the baggage key with him, but to no avail neither one of you answers your phone. The bags must now be driven across the ramp and swapped out, and you realize that you need 8000 pounds of fuel to get to MYR, where our old plane did not have enough.

Ah yes, the joys of Colgan dispatch.

Okay well board up Sat night, then you will get a call from dispatch telling you to deplane so that me and my crew can have your plane. At this point, me and my crew will be on the jetway, where your passengers can cuss us out. After you deplane, I will get onboard, only to realize that the plane I was supposed to take was fixed and ready to go. During this process, our passengers have gone back from gate 107 to gate 70 at least 3 to 4 times. Afterwards, the rampies will come ask me if they can put more luggage in the front, as the rear cargo is full with 85 bags, but we only have 30 passengers on board. The bags are on the wrong plane, so they must be swapped out. During this process, we can't get our own bags on the plane, as your f.o. took the baggage key with him, but to no avail neither one of you answers your phone. The bags must now be driven across the ramp and swapped out, and you realize that you need 8000 pounds of fuel to get to MYR, where our old plane did not have enough.

Ah yes, the joys of Colgan dispatch.

i remember that day. my fo had that key. wouldn't you know we left almost on time after that chinese firedrill? passengers were cussing. twas hillarious in hindsight. colgan is such a clown show sometimes.

Why do you lock it? Afraid someones gonna steal your rollaboard full of dirty laundry...lol?

It is also used as the forward baggage compartment. If it didn't lock, a passenger might have access to something he/she shouldn't have.

I had an FA forget to lock it a while ago, and somebody opened it thinking it was a lav...:banghead:

Also, i am pretty sure that they (colgan) decided they want to slim down the waist line of their pilots... and that is why we always seem to park on 87/88 when we end, and 114/115 to swap into a plane on 88/87 with a 30 minute turn. It's almost aggrivating

*shrugs* It would be kind of obvious if a passenger started opening the hatch to the baggage compartment (at least on the 200). If the FO has the key how is the flight attendant supposed to fight the fire in there if one starts? Or are there automatic fire supression systems on the 400?

*shrugs* It would be kind of obvious if a passenger started opening the hatch to the baggage compartment (at least on the 200). If the FO has the key how is the flight attendant supposed to fight the fire in there if one starts? Or are there automatic fire supression systems on the 400?

its an automatic fire supression system. Fo isnt supposed to have the key, it is stored behind the captains seat. Management keeps saying that we will be using the coat closet only for our baggage, which im a fan of. Those stupid locks break all the time.

I need to check one of these fancy new airplanes out one of these days. It is strange being the new redheaded stepchild at Colgan.

It is going to be awful cozy with 4 crew bags in the front closet of the plane. As for the FMS...it has 1.5 of them depending on how you look at it maybe 3/4.

How much space is there on Cologan's Q400's in the front? At Horizon we did have a good size "forward pit" (as we called it). Right after I started, we decided to go with a split galley set up with 76 seats. Our forward pit got really small, it's generally used for the crew bags and some FAB (Food and Bev) items, we rarely put any bags in the front.

We never got the keys to it anyways, some planes have them in the galley section, but I always wanted to say over the PA when the pax opened it up thinkin it was the lav "Please refrain from pissin on the crew's bags"

Back