Colgan News

Seggy

-At Colgan, they are going to be furloughing less than planned. They where originally going to staff the Q at 75 complete crews for 15 airplanes. They want 90 crews per airplane, maybe even 100. That translates to POSSIBLY no furloughs depending who takes the leave, etc. Even if we do furlough they hope it will be only a few months and hope to keep it around 20 guys.

-Having outstations on the Q was, a 'huge mistake'. Look for them to be closing ORF, ALB, BWI, and PIT soon.

-Have a proposal out there with UAL for 15 Qs in LAX and SFO. Waiting to hear back with that. Also looking for 30 more for CAL. Even if it is signed tomorrow, won't start flying them until late 2009.

-Some big changes are on the way solidifying jumpseat procedures at Colgan. It is IMPERATIVE that the crews follow these guidelines to secure more jumpseat agreements and give Colgan guys priority when jumpseating when followed. Also working on a few more plans with jumpseat procedures.

All for now.

wow, 90 crews per airplane......thats alot....hehe. Just kidding. Great news. Good news for everyone at Colgan.

-Have a proposal out there with UAL for 15 Qs in LAX and SFO. Waiting to hear back with that. Also looking for 30 more for CAL. Even if it is signed tomorrow, won't start flying them until late 2009.

Is this rumor or truth? If truth and it does happen.........we better merge that list, so i can bid for it!!!!

By late 2009, Skywest could have taken over the world and Southwest would be flying 757s, and Midwest would have bailed United on the bankruptcy of summer 09.

Wow--this has been a crazy past couple of weeks with all the talk about this stuff. I'm just getting started, so I hope I can hang on here when the time comes... Thanks for the update!

I just had tea with the queen at holyrood palace and she said that she wants 10 Q's for her royal regional with non stop service to glascow starting in 12'

-At Colgan, they are going to be furloughing less than planned. They where originally going to staff the Q at 75 complete crews for 15 airplanes. They want 90 crews per airplane, maybe even 100. That translates to POSSIBLY no furloughs depending who takes the leave, etc. Even if we do furlough they hope it will be only a few months and hope to keep it around 20 guys.

-Having outstations on the Q was, a 'huge mistake'. Look for them to be closing ORF, ALB, BWI, and PIT soon.

-Some big changes are on the way solidifying jumpseat procedures at Colgan. It is IMPERATIVE that the crews follow these guidelines to secure more jumpseat agreements and give Colgan guys priority when jumpseating when followed. Also working on a few more plans with jumpseat procedures.

All for now.

great news mang. I hope we get some westcoast action. Does that mean we can call our selves Colgan WEST?

I just had tea with the queen at holyrood palace and she said that she wants 10 Q's for her royal regional with non stop service to glascow starting in 12'

hypoxia alert......................... press the fingernails, check the blue lips. descend sherpa, descend.

Seggy: When is the next ALPA drive for you guys? I thought you could vote again after 1 year?

The ALPA drive is ramping up operations. Look for more information in the near future! They're aware the anniversary is approaching.

I thought I had a brilliant idea the other day and brought a french press into work. It sort of worked. The next day I still walked down to the B gates for Starbucks though.

I Second the coffee break.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that can never get used to mornings! Went to bed at 8, now can't sleep and up reading JC postings.

Back