Colgan EWR Crew Room

Thanks! I can deal with taking my headset/glasses, but doubt if I can lug my jepps/company manuals on the NJpath to the NY subway to my apartment... I guess I'll finally have to set that combolock on my flight case after all!

Yes, there are shelf units in the hallway of the crew area. BUT, be very careful what you leave. There is a FO who had a laptop stolen, and things as small as protein bars have been stolen as well. :rolleyes:

I always leave my flight case there on the shelves. The bag locks and if they really want to break into it to steal my headset/sunglasses I suppose its on them. But yes, CJC is ghetto and stuff does get stolen. It can be a pain though to commute with two bags.

Its not just EWR. Stuff gets stolen out of EVERY crewroom in the country. Because not just pilots and F/As have access.

The contract rampers in SEA are paid minimum wage and tend towards sticky fingers.

Then there's the TSA. They just steal stuff out of suitcases while they're running them through the X-Ray after you check your bag.

Personally, my bags go with me everywhere. For the simple reasons that: 1. It precludes theft and B. If I happen to pull a trip with a DH for the first leg out of Open Time, I don't have to go through SEA to get my bag. I just go from home to whatever city the second leg operates from.

Ok the guy that left the laptop in the crew room is in my crashpad. He wasnt being too smart leaving it out in the open for hours at a time.

BM says we are going to have a seperate bag room, which will have a keypad code to get into it, this should help some for those who are worried.

Back