Colgan ALPA Election Date Announced

I am flying with a Captain who openly opposes ALPA, even said he will not vote for IBT because if IBT doesn't have enough votes, his vote pretty much goes to alpa then. but his biggest concern is that PNCL guys only want us to have alpa so they can merge and keep us from getting more q's and not be able to expand past our current number of airplanes, something about limiting the number of tail numbers colgan can have. Someone PLEASE explain to me all the reasons he is wrong so I can in turn pass along this information....

They don't need you guys to be ALPA to merge the Companies/Seniority lists. In fact, if you're NOT ALPA PNCL management would probably prefer it. Why? Because you'd have to have a representation election and one of the choices in those is "NO UNION".

There's always a chance BOTH unions could be decertified.

I am flying with a Captain who openly opposes ALPA, even said he will not vote for IBT because if IBT doesn't have enough votes, his vote pretty much goes to alpa then. but his biggest concern is that PNCL guys only want us to have alpa so they can merge and keep us from getting more q's and not be able to expand past our current number of airplanes, something about limiting the number of tail numbers colgan can have. Someone PLEASE explain to me all the reasons he is wrong so I can in turn pass along this information....

Mach,

The merging of lists with pinnacle remains a hot button issue with a lot of the CJC pilot group, and one we have worked very hard to educate people on the realities. Unfortunately, it's not a generally not a simple matter of explaining right and wrong. There are a couple of things I would suggest you can tell your captain. First, everyone should be receiving the first of two letters addressing seniority list mergers from the OC shortly. These letters are being put out to inform pilots of just how these mergers occur both within ALPA and without. Second, try to get him to come to one of our "Bite to Eat" events at one of the hubs. The next few will be next week (Monday - IAH, Tuesday - EWR, Wednesday - IAD). The PNCL MEC chair will be attending each of these meeting next week so you can get answers directly from the source. He also recently sent us a letter of support in which he addresses some of these concerns. Lastly, have him get in contact with an OC member to sit one-on-one with him to answer his questions. I'll PM you my number, and the rest of the list is on every email we send out. This is a much easier topic to discuss in person, rather than write about in a forum.

Remember, representation is still a choice that we all must make, and there will be a few people that oppose it. Each person has the right to vote "no", but they should do so with all the information, not just rumor and speculation. Good luck, and let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Colgan has a "few" of the worst, oldest, crustiest, missinformed captains I have ever met. Thankfully this list is extremely small but they all go around preaching to their FOs the diabolical plan on how all the PNCL pilots want to take our planes and be based in ORF. I would imagine the percentage of PNCL pilots who care at all whatsoever what we are doing over here at Colgan is less than or equal to the number of horrible crusty colgan lifer captains.

I cant even argue it anymore, I just dont care. Let them not vote, now we pass with 97% instead of 98% im ok with that.

Colgan has a "few" of the worst, oldest, crustiest, missinformed captains I have ever met. Thankfully this list is extremely small but they all go around preaching to their FOs the diabolical plan on how all the PNCL pilots want to take our planes and be based in ORF. I would imagine the percentage of PNCL pilots who care at all whatsoever what we are doing over here at Colgan is less than or equal to the number of horrible crusty colgan lifer captains.

I cant even argue it anymore, I just dont care. Let them not vote, now we pass with 97% instead of 98% im ok with that.

Haha and we all know who they are.

You think THAT is bad... I recently had a PC in St. Louis. I wore my ALPA lanyard proud, only to be BLASTED why ALPA is evil, and how we are going to give concessions to the company by one of our sim instructors and line CA. (This was NOT the guy who did my PC, but another instructor that was there).

Needless to say- he had the Teamsters lanyard on. What a toolbag.

Whatever happened to the IBT drive, anyway? They were the early favorite a few months ago, and then it seems like I stopped hearing about them at all.

Whatever happened to the IBT drive, anyway? They were the early favorite a few months ago, and then it seems like I stopped hearing about them at all.

Last I heard (and it was second hand at best), they didn't get enough cards to even show up on the ballot.

Haha and we all know who they are.

You think THAT is bad... I recently had a PC in St. Louis. I wore my ALPA lanyard proud, only to be BLASTED why ALPA is evil, and how we are going to give concessions to the company by one of our sim instructors and line CA. (This was NOT the guy who did my PC, but another instructor that was there).

Needless to say- he had the Teamsters lanyard on. What a toolbag.

Initials J.M.?

FYI to the new folks.

You must have completed IOE by October 5th to be eligible to vote in the election.

After missing by 4 stinking votes last year we need to make sure that EVERY eligible voter votes.

Let's Make it Better!!!!!
www.alpa.org/colgan

Back