Colgan=Air Midwest

Thats effin weird.

I'll be down there tomorrow and I'll report on anything weird.

Of course everything there is weird, so who knows if I'll be able to distinguish from old weird and new weird.

Air Midwest is still operating on a limited basis. They haven't closed up sho just yet.
Thats news to me, considering I thought every Air Midwest pilot already had been displaced to other equipment and all the airplanes parked. I thought it was completely shutdown July 1st.

Air Midwest is still operating on a limited basis. They haven't closed up sho just yet.

Maybe, but its a Colgan EAS city and Colgan has been flying in there forever, and there very much was a Colgan 1900 in the hangar when I left yesterday.

Maybe, but its a Colgan EAS city and Colgan has been flying in there forever, and there very much was a Colgan 1900 in the hangar when I left yesterday.

And there was very much not a Colgan 1900 in our hanger last night. :( I hauled it out yesterday for the last time and they ferried it to ALB at the end of the day.

I looked at other airports where Colgan operates as US Airways Express (AUG, PQI, ITH, etc) and they all show Air Midwest 1900's for those flights. I'm confused............

There is something strange with Air Midwest. For a while Flightaware was showing them flying inter-island in HI (and many flights a day at that), even though AMW never flew there (go! is on the Mesa certificate). Given that none of the AMW flights show being completed, maybe CJC plans are showing up as Air Midwest until they are actually flown?

Air Midwest used to use the 4600-4799 block of flight numbers for US Airways codeshare flights under US Airways Express. Did Colgan start using flight numbers out of that block? Maybe that might explain why flightaware might be associating those flights with the old AMW operator.

There was one day where Air Midwest grounded all of their flights in the Kansas City system because someone called in a bomb threat to a go! flight in Hawaii, but only gave a flight number...

The 1900s AMW used to fly are all returned to Raytheon now - they were in pretty bad shape when they were turned in - one aircraft had somewhere on the neighborhood of 16 MELs active when it was ferried.

Colgan just started using 4600's-4700's on Sunday and that's when I noticed the weirdness on flightaware, so you're probably right.

Back