Cogential Radioulnar synostosis

Aviator369

Hello aeromedical doctors i have a condition called cogential radioulnar synostosis ìn my left hand which affects movement of my wrist,the bones which should turn the wrist(radius and ulna) are fused together so i cant move my left palm up it is stuck at like 60% of the full rotation.
The question would i able to pass a class 1 medical?

Hello Aviator369,

You would need to apply for medical certification and have an examination with an AME. I would bring any records regarding the condition with you to the visit. Worst case the AME and Regional Flight Surgeon would require you to pursue a SODA (waiver) where you would be required to take a test in an actual airplane to show you can operate the controls safely. I can't guarantee the outcome but if you have already taken some lessons and have had no issues with the controls chances are good you would be successful.

Aaron Florkowski, MD
FAA designated Aviation Medical Examiner
www.kansascityame.com

Hello Aviator369,

You would need to apply for medical certification and have an examination with an AME. I would bring any records regarding the condition with you to the visit. Worst case the AME and Regional Flight Surgeon would require you to pursue a SODA (waiver) where you would be required to take a test in an actual airplane to show you can operate the controls safely. I can't guarantee the outcome but if you have already taken some lessons and have had no issues with the controls chances are good you would be successful.

Aaron Florkowski, MD
FAA designated Aviation Medical Examiner
www.kansascityame.com
Thank you for answering my query Sir,i will definitely post my status soon(12 months later due to school). Have a nice weekend

Back