Cleveland Center waiting list

My HR contact just called me a minute ago and said the Jan class date has been cancelled, and I now have a class date of October 9th. Anyone else's date get moved up?
Thanks for the heads up, I'll call later today, I was set for the 1/30 class too.

so do we have to send back the paperwork before we can get the OKC packet? or is the paperwork the OKC packet?

I asked the very same question today. The paperwork is not the packet. In fact, we're supposed to get two packets: one from the faa academy, and one from HR (or so i hear). I was told that the packets were supposed to be mailed out today (friday, 10/3) via overnight fedex priority shipping, and should arrive tomorrow. My FOL has been ready since last Friday and they were "supposed to have mailed it by now". I don't know if fedex delivers on Sundays, but I'm leaving Monday morning so I might be out of luck if it doesn't come tomorrow. Also, you can scan and email the paperwork if you prefer not to fax it for some reason if anyone was wondering.

Haven't heard anything about the January date yet but does anyone know what the plan is about holidays while we're down there? I'll be there for at least Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years (those are just the big ones that I could remember). Do we just tough it out since we'll probably have to work those days as controllers anyway or do they give us a couple days off to go see our families and such? I personally don't care but my mom keeps nagging me about whether or not I'll be home during those days.

Haven't heard anything about the January date yet but does anyone know what the plan is about holidays while we're down there? I'll be there for at least Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years (those are just the big ones that I could remember). Do we just tough it out since we'll probably have to work those days as controllers anyway or do they give us a couple days off to go see our families and such? I personally don't care but my mom keeps nagging me about whether or not I'll be home during those days.

I believe you only get those days off... so just 11/27, 12/25, 1/1 and nothing more

Looking for a roommate. I have a 2 bedroom apartment at the Fairways at Moore reserved from November 16th to March 26th. I will be at the academy from November 19th to March 25th. I'm looking for anybody to split the cost with. It will be $30 a day. Please PM me if interested. My first roommate decided to stay elsewhere and stuck me with the full cost.

I"ll give you ZOB guys a heads up (and any ZKC peeps if you are reading). Once you leave OKC, you are gonna be behind a lot of trainees. The FAA went crazy with hiring ZOB and ZKC at the end of the 08 fiscal year. I have 6 ZKC in my class and 8-10 ZOB (I lost count) between mine and my sister class. They were told there is a lot of people who graduate in front of them. Nothing bad, just means progressing through training once you get to your facility will be alot slower.

OK! So I got some bad news! Someone thought it would be entertaining to change the 11/19 date back to 11/25! anyone else get a similar phone call? And who else got kinda screwed because of making plans ahead of time like we were supposed to?

OK! So I got some bad news! Someone thought it would be entertaining to change the 11/19 date back to 11/25! anyone else get a similar phone call? And who else got kinda screwed because of making plans ahead of time like we were supposed to?

Yah, I got that call during my Friday morning class. My professor (Continental Express Captain) looked at me strangely as I got up. Just told him "FAA" and he understood. Came back and said that my class date got pushed back a little bit, and your brother gave me a concerned look. It is pretty annoying though, but I do believe it was a majority of us if not all of us getting pushed. My friend was going the 19th as well and now is the 25th.

I guess I'm still going to go down the same day I was planning before and just eat the cost of having the apartment an extra week. Let me know if anyone else is doing the same. We could hang out some before class starts so everyone feels a little more comfortable working with each other when we start class.

I too am a hopeful for ZOB....however I am still waiting on my AT-SAT date. I know a few controllers from ZOB and they are all great guys.

For anyone who recieved a TOL from the Kansas City PEPC for ZOB what are you assigned class dates? Next week I am attending the LA PEPC with ZOB as my potential facility so I was wondering what kind of dates have been confirmed for people.

For anyone who recieved a TOL from the Kansas City PEPC for ZOB what are you assigned class dates? Next week I am attending the LA PEPC with ZOB as my potential facility so I was wondering what kind of dates have been confirmed for people.

You won't see a class date until you receive your FOL, but to help you out, I received my TOL Sept. 5th and I'm still waiting on the FOL. My HR has even notified me that all my clearances are set and ready to go and that she's waiting to hear when there will be classes for those of us destined for ZOB. Unfortunately, she hinted it may be summer before that happens.. :banghead:

Its not bad. The first couple days are administrative stuff then it becomes more job specific. If you're looking for a place, I'm at Heritage House. Its about 15 mins from the academy and the other housing, which kinda sucks for the encouraged study groups but if you have a night life its a much better location. It's only a $5 cab ride downtown to where all the restaurants/bars/ clubs are. The other housing will involve driving yourself plus paying for parking.
The weather's different, it was 25 degrees at 6a and 74 mid-afternoon which is a huge gap. Driving around and semi-getting lost also helped with getting more familiar with area. Oh, and if you drink, be prepared if you go to Tap Werks downtown, they lure you in with an enormous tap selection then boom! you pay $26 for a pitcher.

there's 6 of us going to ZOB in my class. we take the PV on thursday. fredo, how many cleveland people are in your class?

Has anyone bound for Cleveland received a class date recently?

I'm getting tired of having friends and family ask me if I've heard anything yet..

Back