Cleveland Center waiting list

There's about 6 folks in my class ZOB Bound out of 36 students. ZOB, ZAU, and ZKC seem to be the biggest groups. I'm pretty sure Cleveland needs ATC'ers pretty badly, just like most other centers, so it should only be a matter of time. Hang in there!

:)

thanks for the info. so are you at okc right now?

Yep about 2 weeks deep into Enroute Basics. Lots of fun stuff lol :p
But really it's worth it the atmosphere here at the Aeronautical Center is awesome I have no complaints! Definitely learning a lot and enjoying it. Looks like you're on your way as well, congrats!

:)

cool. keep us all updated and let us know what to expect and any advice you might have please pass it on. good luck with the next 14 weeks. where you headed after okc?

cool. keep us all updated and let us know what to expect and any advice you might have please pass it on. good luck with the next 14 weeks. where you headed after okc?

For sure I will. I am headed to ZAB in Albuquerque after this. I'll definitely pass on any info the more I find out. Also feel free to hit me with a pm I'll be glad to answer any questions I can from you or anyone else...Take care and best of luck you'll be in OKC before you know it :nana2:

so what's the "dress code" like there? does everyone wear like khaki's and dress shirt for class or is it like college where you wear whatever you feel like (street clothes, etc.)?

so what's the "dress code" like there? does everyone wear like khaki's and dress shirt for class or is it like college where you wear whatever you feel like (street clothes, etc.)?

Full suit and tie... suit must be charcoal or black, shirt must be button down, collar buttons, white only. Tie must be a solid primary color. Shoes must be Italian grade leather with no more than .5" heel.

Full suit and tie... suit must be charcoal or black, shirt must be button down, collar buttons, white only. Tie must be a solid primary color. Shoes must be Italian grade leather with no more than .5" heel.

Please say this is a joke....:yeahthat: lol I only have white Armani suites, and neon green shoes with 3" heal :buck:

Please say this is a joke....:yeahthat: lol I only have white Armani suites, and neon green shoes with 3" heal :buck:

Of course I was kidding... Armani trumps all set codes, as long as the suit label says Armani, all other pieces including shirts / ties / shoes / socks must cost more individually than the actual suit.

LOL... I know I am the only one that thinks this is funny, but yes... I am just playing since I know we've been talking about dress codes for months and months.

From what we've been told by trainees, the dress code is no different at Academy than the regular requirements.

I did a quick search using "DRESS CODE" and low and behold one of the top 10 threads was "ATC Dress Code".

Enjoy...

http://forums.jetcareers.com/air-traffic-control/70309-air-traffic-control-dress-code.html

I'm still waiting.

I applied last August. Took my AT-SAT in early March (scored a 95.6). I was contacted in May for a PEPC in LA but declined since I drained my funds to take the AT-SAT. I interviewed at ZOB (May 20) and received a TOL for ZOB (June 6). I'm just waiting on my security clearance. I was hoping to go to OKC no later than October. I've already waited over a year. I'm a nervous wreck that I'm going to lose my current job as I'm working in the mortgage industry right now and things are not going so well. I'm going to make a couple calls on my lunch today.

I'm still waiting.

I applied last August. Took my AT-SAT in early March (scored a 95.6). I was contacted in May for a PEPC in LA but declined since I drained my funds to take the AT-SAT. I interviewed at ZOB (May 20) and received a TOL for ZOB (June 6). I'm just waiting on my security clearance. I was hoping to go to OKC no later than October. I've already waited over a year. I'm a nervous wreck that I'm going to lose my current job as I'm working in the mortgage industry right now and things are not going so well. I'm going to make a couple calls on my lunch today.

Hang in there man, best advice I can give you. I applied May 07 and got my class date finally this last aug. 19th., my wait took over a year as well. I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get my clearance either (mine was an 8 month wait, the worst wait of my life it was horrible!). Then out of the blue they called...I was starting to look for other jobs and everything. I couldn't believe it but it actually came through...All I can say is just hang in there it will happen they need people no doubt!
:D

Hang in there man, best advice I can give you. I applied May 07 and got my class date finally this last aug. 19th., my wait took over a year as well. I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get my clearance either (mine was an 8 month wait, the worst wait of my life it was horrible!). Then out of the blue they called...I was starting to look for other jobs and everything. I couldn't believe it but it actually came through...All I can say is just hang in there it will happen they need people no doubt!
:D

Eight months, are you ###### me? I would go :crazy:, it has been 42 days since my interview and not one reference has received a letter.:(

wow! 42 days? did you actually go through the rest of the day at the PEPC after your interview? i'm not sure but i think it took about a month for my references to get their letters. i'd call and make sure they didn't lose paperwork

I got a call today from Lorissa Rivers about an Academy Start date and I missed the call. :banghead:

When I tried to call her back, I got no answer. I'm calling back tomorrow morning 1st thing when they get in. I'll post when I have a date.

NOVEMBER 19TH!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I was not given an option of dates. That's what was offered to me and I took it. I will be in OKC from November 19th to March 25th. That seems longer than in should be but I'm guessing it's because of the holidays.

Congratz! I am hoping to hear about that date my-self, hopefully waiting haha. Did they leave a message when they called you? I'm always afraid they are going to call and i won't have any idea they did because i work 60 hours a week and barely ever see my phone haha. Once again Congratz, I bet its a wave of relief once you finally hear that date haha.

I received a phone call at 5:19pm yesterday. They did not leave a message. I then received an email to call back. After many failed attempts at calling, my phone call was returned. Lorissa told me that they are currently at panel and very behind with paperwork. She told me not to expect paperwork for another 2 to 3 weeks. Hopefully you will receive a call soon.

Good Luck.

Wow this is amazing, I was starting to feel alone in this process.. can't tell u guys how glad I am to have found this forum and all the wonderful information everyone has provided definitely helps to understand the hiring process. I personally can't wait to get to OKC and on to ZOB. I've been to Oberlin before during the fall and it was gorgeous with all the trees just about to drop their leaves. If I read this correctly on another post or maybe even this one, I understand the upcoming class dates for ZOB people are 11/19/08 and 01/30/09.. I am hoping I am far enough along in the process that I can still make the 01/30 date.. is anyone else heading to Cleveland banking on that date ?

I'm with you brooklyn! November 19th! got the call yesterday at work but she did leave a message and a number to call her back. after about an hour of phone tag, finally talked to her and got my class date. i don't remember exactly but i thought she said i should expect paperwork and my FOL within a week or so.

Back