Classic/Vintage Aviation books...is there a market?

slushie

F2TH C56X C500
I hit up the local thrift stores today to see what I could find.

I actually came across a few really cool aviation/aerospace textbooks from back in the day. I'm talking 60's and earlier.

Anyone know if there are collectors out there looking for this kind of stuff?

I hit up the local thrift stores today to see what I could find.

I actually came across a few really cool aviation/aerospace textbooks from back in the day. I'm talking 60's and earlier.

Anyone know if there are collectors out there looking for this kind of stuff?

My dad may be interested. He has a bunch of old aviation books he collected over the years in his library. Let me know the titles and Ill check in with him.

My dad may be interested. He has a bunch of old aviation books he collected over the years in his library. Let me know the titles and Ill check in with him.

Yeah that'd be cool if I could sell some right off the bat. Or maybe he'd be interested in getting rid of some of his?

Two of the good ones I found are:
Mechanics and Thermodynamics of Propulsion (Hill/Peterson, 1970)
Dynamics of Flight Stability and Control 2nd ed. (Etkin, 1982)

I'm really wondering if I could make it a continual income-producing activity. I've already got a couple of pro garage-salers on the look out.

Two of the good ones I found are:
Mechanics and Thermodynamics of Propulsion (Hill/Peterson, 1970)
Dynamics of Flight Stability and Control 2nd ed. (Etkin, 1982)

I've chased down a number of classic aerodynamics books written in the 50's and 60's, because that stuff doesn't go out of date, and many modern books use them as primary resources. The above mentioned Etkin book, while hardly vintage, is a highly referenced book, indicating that it's a good one. However, I doubt you'll find anyone buying it for other than school, and they'll want the more modern edition in that case. Likewise the Hill/Peterson book.

The ones I purchased were a bit tough to find and didn't command that much of a premium, certainly not collector level. I'd just call those old books. ;)

And if Ebay doesn't work, check out Alibris. They specialize in used, rare and out of print books.

Back