CJC parking 7 on sept 3rd

jynxyjoe

Queso King
Early rumor, no idea how correct, but supposedly 4 saabs and 3 beeches parked on the 3rd. Quite possibly everyone knows but me but I didn't see anything on the forums so here's what I heard.

I think that's from the original announcement and conference call about the furloughs from a month or so ago. It's the SYR saabs I think cause they're down to just BOS turns after the 3rd, not sure about the beeches.

The Beeches aren't leaving till they figure out what to do with the few EAS routes they serve. Right now there are probably going to be 8 Saabs leaving but it might be less, I don't think we will know until November. Of course the number of Saabs could change, but according to Buddy and his buddy Harry, the memo sent out with 10 Saabs parked was the worst case scenario.

They are overstaffing both the Saab and the Q to mitigate furloughs.

Talked to L.A. in Manassas today and straight up asked "When am I going to know about being furloughed..." She said that she has been told to build lines for October that are all 75 hours and no more. They really dont want to furlough.

Talked to L.A. in Manassas today and straight up asked "When am I going to know about being furloughed..." She said that she has been told to build lines for October that are all 75 hours and no more. They really dont want to furlough.

Awwwwwwwwww.......... How sweet of management! So sweet in fact, I don't think that I need to vote in Alpa, they have my best interest in mind!

In all seriousness, I dont think anybody knows about the planes, the original conference call about furloughs said 4 saabs would be parked, in addition to the beeches. Then it was said if they can't get the 30 seat exemptions for the EAS routes, that maybe they would keep the beeches around a bit longer.... So who knows?

They just don't wanna pay to send the furloughs throug recurrent. We have 53 CAs on reserve in MEM for Sept, and most of the line credits have been slashed on the Pinnacle side. 'Course it's also the fall, so pull-down is normal. It's just a bigger than usual pull-down.

Furloughs are expensive anyway - has to be cost benefit to the company. And I suppose with a small company and less losses than a larger one that the huge overhead of training those returning may be smaller so I don't know. But around these parts, a furlough would need to last in the neighborhood of a year and a half to be a cost benefit to a company.

Not that our respective companies have ever thought about cost benefits though. . .I mean. . .you know, not raising fares and such. Nickle and Diming customers, etc.

AH - whatever.

Good luck CJC.

Isn't requal A or B cheaper than paying the pilot's salary?

But while they're in class, you're paying them, the instructor AND not really getting any productivity from them. If you're paying them minimum guarantee, you at least get to use them. Or abuse them.

Doesn't the company also take a hit later on based on the number of unemployment cases they have caused over the last year? I'm not gonna look.

Wonder how they plan on keeping the beeches around when raytheon will not extend the lease? I've heard those planes are already sold and out the door to africa. Are they just gonna hide them in ME a little longer?

Also... Rob, there is a pilot in this company that started on the MX side... rumor has it that, his Sen# started then... not when he started flying - maybe your number should be something diffrent?

just things i've heard while around

Also... Rob, there is a pilot in this company that started on the MX side... rumor has it that, his Sen# started then... not when he started flying - maybe your number should be something diffrent?

Don't know about that guy but my # is second from the bottom. Only 1 guy was younger than me in the last class. If there are furloughs, Im in it.

The extension of the Beech is quite possible. I just heard today that Colgan is still looking for the Saab approval up here in AUG. I've heard that if this is still being worked out through the fall, the Beeches may be around through February or so. While 4 of the Beeches are leased, Colgan owns the 5th so that one will probably be around for awhile.

I was a little tipsy last night when I responded, so let me add to my above post. I officially quit Colgan as a scheduler and then driver. So they took back my old badge and I left. They did say that if I hadnt quit and had been hired as a pilot, I would keep my employee #, but I would have been given a new pilot seniority #. So I guess if I would have shown up to non-rev I would have more seniority than some pilots who are actually more senior to me. Im going to assume that the MX guy got to keep his employee #, but there is no way they gave him a seniority # based on DOH as a MX guy.

I was a little tipsy last night when I responded, so let me add to my above post. I officially quit Colgan as a scheduler and then driver. So they took back my old badge and I left. They did say that if I hadnt quit and had been hired as a pilot, I would keep my employee #, but I would have been given a new pilot seniority #. So I guess if I would have shown up to non-rev I would have more seniority than some pilots who are actually more senior to me. Im going to assume that the MX guy got to keep his employee #, but there is no way they gave him a seniority # based on DOH as a MX guy.

Ugh. Another reason for a union at Colgan. You should get a pilot seniority number when you start as a pilot, not back when you did whatever for however long.

Haha... ask TC in bhb why he's #2 on the sen list... not 1.

OTP... smaller yes, but precedence set.

If you gave up your badge, then no dice i would assume

Wanna see something else that's interesting? Take a look at the seniority list... check out #2 and #3 and look at their hire dates. Notice anything strange? Apparently there used to be different seniority lists for CA's and FO's. #2 was hired as a CA while the guy hired before him (#3) was hired as an FO.

So along with what TUCK said, I suppose you can also ask #3 why he isn't #1.

#2 worked M-TH nights his career, #3 has worked M-TH mornings his career, same base.

Back