Citation Ride?

Revolutionist

I was looking through ATP's website and saw no mention of the three hour Citation jet ride that it once proudly advertised.

What happened to it?

The Citation ride was dropped when the changed the program back in December of '07. They included the RJ course but took out the citation ride. Now that they have taken the RJ course out of the program I doubt that they will but the citation ride back in. I don't think they will be offering any turbine time until the start to receive the Diamond jets next year.

The Citation ride was always a marketing gimmick. As times got tougher, I think enough people saw it for what it was. The RJ course is/was a far better gimmick than a Citation ride. I don't think, in this day and age, people will put up with the BS like they might have a year ago. Best best is to get the CFI, stay away from the gimmicks, and put in some quality time.

I hated the citation ride. I had the president, both VPs and the presidents son on board. They then expected me to fly a pattern in a citation, nothing like I had EVER flown before. They expected me to know when to descend and when to put in flaps, are you kidding me?

My favorite part was when they gave us $100 to go get some dinner that night.

I hated the citation ride. I had the president, both VPs and the presidents son on board. They then expected me to fly a pattern in a citation, nothing like I had EVER flown before. They expected me to know when to descend and when to put in flaps, are you kidding me?

My favorite part was when they gave us $100 to go get some dinner that night.

Didnt get your studying done, eh?

I studied for this jet ride for a while, knew the profiles, main flows, systems, etc, Then flew with Jim who pretty much all he let me do was run the auto pilot. he even landed it. It was a joke but I enjoyed it haha

Didnt get your studying done, eh?

I studied for this jet ride for a while, knew the profiles, main flows, systems, etc, Then flew with Jim who pretty much all he let me do was run the auto pilot. he even landed it. It was a joke but I enjoyed it haha

I found studying for my writtens and getting my CFI school packet done to be more important.

Back