Citation FO (1000TT Lincoln NE)

Good on ya for doing all this crap, posting the job stuff up

It's no problem as this industry's all about paying it forward. I figure things are going to continue improving and probably quite rapidly at times, but there might be a few people willing to switch paths or some lower time pilots that might have to advance their careers on some different steps for a year or so.

I did have 3 pilots at my old company come from this forum and they were all solid, great folks and were excellent to work with. All I ask is that if anyone does get on with any company that they leave good or bad feedback so other folks can navigate their careers accordingly.

Buddy of mine is the asst. CP at Silverhawk. Growing fleet, a few C90’s, 500 series citations, and just added an Excel and Sovereign. He loves it there.

Is this commutable? Am only 4 - 4 1/2 hours away.

Not really. When on call, pilots need to be able to arrive at the airport within two hours of being called. Pilots work 10 on/5 off. Most trips are planned in advance, but if nothing is planned, you're on call for pop-up trips from 10 AM to 6 PM.

Not really. When on call, pilots need to be able to arrive at the airport within two hours of being called. Pilots work 10 on/5 off. Most trips are planned in advance, but if nothing is planned, you're on call for pop-up trips from 10 AM to 6 PM.

That doesn’t sound terrible...

Edit: Wait, it’s still Nebraska. Nvm.

That doesn’t sound terrible...

Edit: Wait, it’s still Nebraska. Nvm.

Lincoln's a big college town and you're like an hour away from Omaha which has everything and is going to continue growing, plus the cost of living is cheap. We're pilots we get to go to lots of great places and are gone at least a third of the time for work.

Lincoln's a big college town and you're like an hour away from Omaha which has everything and is going to continue growing, plus the cost of living is cheap. We're pilots we get to go to lots of great places and are gone at least a third of the time for work.
Are you at SH?

And +1 for Lincoln. One of my favorite overnights due to the food / bar scene downtown.

Are you at SH?

And +1 for Lincoln. One of my favorite overnights due to the food / bar scene downtown.

Nope, but I've passed through LNK a few times and always loved stopping in. Honestly I've always met some really good folks when flying in and out of Nebraska and am happy to pump the state when I can as too much of the midwest doesn't get the respect it deserves, but I suppose that's good as it keeps the traffic and cost of living down.

It's no problem as this industry's all about paying it forward. I figure things are going to continue improving and probably quite rapidly at times, but there might be a few people willing to switch paths or some lower time pilots that might have to advance their careers on some different steps for a year or so.

I did have 3 pilots at my old company come from this forum and they were all solid, great folks and were excellent to work with. All I ask is that if anyone does get on with any company that they leave good or bad feedback so other folks can navigate their careers accordingly.

Good on ya for doing all this crap, posting the job stuff up

I got my first flying job back in 2016 thanks to srn121. Definitely appreciative of all the work he puts in providing us all with the latest job listings!

I got my first flying job back in 2016 thanks to srn121. Definitely appreciative of all the work he puts in providing us all with the latest job listings!

Thank you! I got two great gigs from this forum and another one from the guy I got to know who told me about the second job. This forum's been a great resource to me and I've had so many helpful folks in FBOs and wise people along the way that helped me from screwing up so I'm grateful as hell how things have worked out and I wish everyone else the same luck as we can all be successful and happy doing what we once only dreamed we could do.

I have most of the times. And working at SH I KNOW I got the decision making aspect down. I just need to build on my instrument proficiency.

IMG_20200727_180013.jpg

Back