Citation Drivers (that includes you CitationKid)

[ QUOTE ]
Is the Citation 560XL (the Excel) under the Citation 500 type rating umbrella?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's a seperate type. Just the 500,501,550, and 551 uner the 500 series type.

Why not?

It has the same avionics...powerplant....mmm...ice protection? Does the XL have boots?

[ QUOTE ]
Why not?

It has the same avionics...powerplant....mmm...ice protection? Does the XL have boots?

[/ QUOTE ]

The XL has differnet avionics powerplants then the only 550 still built, the Bravo. You are talking about the 500 type right.
I'm not sure about whether it has boots or not. My dad flies a XL, but he's on a trip so I can't ask him now.

[ QUOTE ]
My dad flies a XL, but he's on a trip so I can't ask him now.

[/ QUOTE ] I thought you're dad flew HELO's?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My dad flies a XL, but he's on a trip so I can't ask him now.

[/ QUOTE ] I thought you're dad flew HELO's?

[/ QUOTE ]

He flies for the State Police. They have a C-12, 182, AC560, a couple of Helicopters. He flies a XL on the side. The XL has a PW545 engine and the Bravo has a PW530.

[ QUOTE ]
Why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

The XL does Not have boots on the main wing, it has a hot wing. In fact it is a different wing than the 500 series even though it is still a "straight" wing, as well as different engines and as citationkid said different avioncs. In transitioning to different airplanes the biggest hurdle to overcome is learning the avioncs. We often joke and call the XL a Citation 2 1/2.

[ QUOTE ]
Why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Excel has quit a few differences over 500 series. The larger engine have EECs (Electronic Engine controls) with throttle detents like FADECs. There are about twice as many annunciators as the 500s. The Excel also has a hydraulic, moveable horizontal stabilizer.

Throw in trailing link gear, heated leading edges, and an APU.

Hey, just to clarify, are you sure you meant the Excel? Or are did you really mean the Encore? The Encore DOES share the 500 type rating.

Which of the Citation series is single-pilot certed? Is it the I/II and Citation Jet?

Hell, I think more of them should be single-pilot certed.

[ QUOTE ]

Which of the Citation series is single-pilot certed? Is it the I/II and Citation Jet?

Hell, I think more of them should be single-pilot certed.

[/ QUOTE ]

The I,II,V are single pilot and so are all the CJ's. The II and V require a single pilot type. Like NJA Capt said the XL has a horizontal tail that moves with the flaps.

[ QUOTE ]
He flies for the State Police. They have a C-12, 182, AC560, a couple of Helicopters. He flies a XL on the side. The XL has a PW545 engine and the Bravo has a PW530.

[/ QUOTE ] Owh, ok. My mistake...

The Citation Jets Series are single pilot certified, as well as the 500 series. I believe it has something to do with how the airplane is certified ie: part 23 or part 25. When the jet is flown single pilot it is operated under part 23 certification rules and when flown with two pilots it is considered to be operating under part 25 certification rules.

I don't understand why pilots are flying them single pilot, in fact every time I see one taxi out with out a copilot sitting up front I think its a damn shame. There are enough "young" pilots out there that could benefit from the opportunity to sit right seat. With the additional cost for single pilot priveledges ( about 10K ) plus the increase insurance premium, an operator could pay that money to a fledgling pilot who could really benefit from it.

As far as more being single pilot cert. who would get up and get me my coffee? Besides that you haven't seen two of my copilots.
wink.gif
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well if you can master them at 16 years of age it can't be that hard.....(add sarcasim)
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha..........

P.S. I'm 14
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why pilots are flying them single pilot, in fact every time I see one taxi out with out a copilot sitting up front I think its a damn shame. There are enough "young" pilots out there that could benefit from the opportunity to sit right seat. With the additional cost for single pilot priveledges ( about 10K ) plus the increase insurance premium, an operator could pay that money to a fledgling pilot who could really benefit from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My mom's company couldn't ever get a co-pilot in time and was stuck using there only two pilots to go on a trip, then the Navajo couldn't fly. Plus when they used a pilot it was an ex-airline pilot with 10,000 hours that wanted 350 dollars a day in the right seat. So that single pilot type will benifit them.

[ QUOTE ]
Hell, I'll do it for $50/day...AND a turkey sandwich and coke for lunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

How 'bout for free?

[ QUOTE ]
Plus when they used a pilot it was an ex-airline pilot with 10,000 hours that wanted 350 dollars a day in the right seat. So that single pilot type will benifit them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well just wait for the day you go up for your first job and everyone is flying single seat types ... your tune might change.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plus when they used a pilot it was an ex-airline pilot with 10,000 hours that wanted 350 dollars a day in the right seat. So that single pilot type will benifit them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well just wait for the day you go up for your first job and everyone is flying single seat types ... your tune might change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha yeah, but for now that'll mean more jet flying for me.
wink.gif

Back