Christmas meltdown 2020 competition entries!

Oh yeah. And the call about 30 minutes before your PAX actually get there for engine start, because if you call when they actually arrive you'll be sitting for an hour plus in the queue with pax on board... And then they call you earlier and you conveniently have a passenger in the FBO (they haven't arrived yet) or you have a MX issue about 5 mints after the start clearance.. (pax haven't arrived yet)...

Oh the fun.

Yeah. My bluff has been called more than once. I even have gotten the pax on board, told the FA to go ahead and start dinner service because we'd be there for a while only for them to clear me to start, taxi, and takeoff in 5 minutes leaving the poor FA scrambling to "pause" her service. Whoops!

I broke a finger on the ramp last week, ten minutes prior to going home and with merely three weeks left of this three-month fiasco! Radio miscommunication led everyone to think someone lost a finger entirely. Ambulances still took half an hour to arrive.
You needed an ambulance for a broken finger?

Next time wrap it with duct tape and finish your shift.

You needed an ambulance for a broken finger?

Next time wrap it with duct tape and finish your shift.

Probably why the ambulance took so long. "He's fine, he'll walk it off." (continues eating taco)

Nah. I think the worst part of this will actually be the next 2-3 weeks of light duty until the pins come out. Can't even use the arm below the elbow. At the very least, it'll be good to get back to a routine of sorts, as long as it's done saf--. .... Slowly. Sitting around idly for five days has been hell.

Happy holidays, all. Stay safe. Don't get dead.

MSP makes a daring move for The Golden Lav Cart with their entry: “Blizzard IROP two days before Christmas”. The competition is heating up!

CVG starts the party with...Baggage belt system failure at 5am w/ reduced ramp crews! Will this be enough to take the Golden Lav Cart award 2020? Only time will tell. Who else will enter this exciting competition?

I got off work on Sunday. I’m doing my best not to think about it until I go back mid-January! Ha!

Back