Christmas in MSY...New Years EVE in DFW

MusketeerMan

Sigh...well, I actually didn't actually bid Christmas off this year. The whole family will be celebrating it on the 27th, so I bid off the 27th-29th and got that off, so I sort of knew I'd be working New Years...oh well.

Where is everyone else who's working going to be during the Holidays??

If you need some company on Christmas pm me or Oliver (Skidz). We're staying in New Orleans for Christmas and it'll just be the two of us so I'm sure we'd have time for a lil m&g or something.

I have a day trip that starts at 1900 and ends at 0007. :banghead: OH well its 2 hours of flying and I get the 4 hour holiday pay.

I'll know in a couple of days. We normally do Xmas at our place on the 23rd since that's me and Nessa's anniversary.

Off for Xmas, but I forgot to bid off for new years! DOH!

Thanksgiving: ROC
Christmas: Off...which is amazing since I've been here a year (today is my anniversary actually)
New Years: F'ing Wichita

Christmas off... New years off... give me a call and let me know your arrival/show times for new years!

Bob

Thanksgiving: ROC
Christmas: Off...which is amazing since I've been here a year (today is my anniversary actually)
New Years: F'ing Wichita

Im in roc for tgiving as well....I hear its a crummy overnight for us. But at least its 24 hours. noon to noon

PBS gave me the massive screw job. That, and the fact that there's nothing in our contract that keeps Screw Scheduling from randomly changing things. Back in the paper bid days, you could bid a reserve line knowing what you were gonna be working. With PBS (take note guys that may be getting it), you bid reserve and SCHEDULING decides what reserve times you get. Oh, you can put in a "preference," but that's the best you can do. So, as a result I have PM home reserve for about 70% of the month, AM home reserve for 20% and READY RESERVE the rest of the time. There are 16 people junior to me on reserve, as well, but scheduling doesn't even pay attention to that. Oh, yeah. I have airport ready reserve on Xmas day and my wife's birthday. Thanks, guys.

I'll be spending Christmas in YYZ (Toronto, Canada). Somehow, I did manage to get NYE off, though

On a side note: Sorry to hear about your screw job KW.....'ol Harry Mitchell was in our crew room the other day and said he wants to bring PBS to Colgan. Yet another reason to have ALPA on property ASAP.

I'll be spending Christmas in YYZ (Toronto, Canada). Somehow, I did manage to get NYE off, though

On a side note: Sorry to hear about your screw job KW.....'ol Harry Mitchell was in our crew room the other day and said he wants to bring PBS to Colgan. Yet another reason to have ALPA on property ASAP.

I wanna see this 30+ page agreement our negotiating committee hammered out with management on our next contract. It BETTER have good reserve rules if they want it to go through. Basically, if you wind up on reserve, the company OWNS you. You'll get 10 days off, but then they can move your reserve periods around however they need it for "operational necessity." Back in the paper bidding days, you bid a reserve line that hand X amount of AM/PM reserve, RR, etc. Now, you get reserve, and your line is built however scheduling needs it. Then if they need to change it.....they can.

I'll be sick. I can already feel something coming on. *cough*

Heh. Here at Pinnacle, calling in sick on a holiday immediately triggers the "Where's your doctor's note?" meeting with the base manager. And they wonder why the pilots hate management so much. If you're really sick on Xmas, good luck finding a doctor that's open. You'll have to go to the hospital for your "doctor's note."

Christmas Eve off, highspeed to Wichita Christmas Day night.

New Year's will be spent on a 10 hour overnight in YQB (Quebec, Canada). So much for a drink...

I wanna see this 30+ page agreement our negotiating committee hammered out with management on our next contract. It BETTER have good reserve rules if they want it to go through.

Same here...

Basically, if you wind up on reserve, the company OWNS you. You'll get 10 days off, but then they can move your reserve periods around however they need it for "operational necessity." Back in the paper bidding days, you bid a reserve line that hand X amount of AM/PM reserve, RR, etc. Now, you get reserve, and your line is built however scheduling needs it. Then if they need to change it.....they can.

Yeah, and they will change it in the middle of the night too. Scheduling will tell you over and over that they prefer not to use their ready reserves, but they have no problem gving a PM ready reserve (10am to 7pm) an assignment and then changing your schedule in the middle of the night, notifying you at 4:45am after you were scheduled to start AM home reserve at 4:30am. Oh, and you are on home reserve until you check in at the airport at 10am. I feel sorry for any reserve pilot at Pinnacle...

I wanna see this 30+ page agreement our negotiating committee hammered out with management on our next contract. It BETTER have good reserve rules if they want it to go through. Basically, if you wind up on reserve, the company OWNS you. You'll get 10 days off, but then they can move your reserve periods around however they need it for "operational necessity." Back in the paper bidding days, you bid a reserve line that hand X amount of AM/PM reserve, RR, etc. Now, you get reserve, and your line is built however scheduling needs it. Then if they need to change it.....they can.

I doubt the PBS section that they wrote changes any of the reserve rules that we put in the new scheduling section when we negotiated for line bidding. Glenn Bruckno designed the reserve system, which uses a complicated bucket system that will make life a hell of a lot better.

Back