Christmas in MSY...New Years EVE in DFW

I doubt the PBS section that they wrote changes any of the reserve rules that we put in the new scheduling section when we negotiated for line bidding. Glenn Bruckno designed the reserve system, which uses a complicated bucket system that will make life a hell of a lot better.

Except it's apparently gone with the wind with PBS. DW has "interesting" interpretation on the scheduling section.....like the whole thing is dead unless they need to use a rule that benefits them.

Reserve rocked with paper bidding. Okay, maybe not "rocked," but was liveable. We could still look at the reserve grid on CrewTrac and know kinda where we fell on a day to day basis. That's gone. No more "call first" or "call last," either. With paper bidding, you KNEW FOR A FACT what you were gonna have for the month since it would be altering your bid line for them to give you something else. With PBS, you bid reserve, so you basically have 10 days off with the rest of the days just "reserve days" with PREFERENCES for your times. 6 months on reserve as an FO, and I NEVER had PM or AM reserve changed on a whim. Happens monthly here since PBS has come to town.

They've junked Glenn's system, and I have no doubt about it. Wonder if he's still at jetBlue.

Im in roc for tgiving as well....I hear its a crummy overnight for us. But at least its 24 hours. noon to noon

ROC-what a strange place for an overnight-especially if you stay in one of the hotels next to the airport-!:) The one night i overnighted in one of those hotels- we had police activities pretty much the whole night!

Back