Christmas/family issues

Same story here....my wife's mother could not stand me for years when we first started dating. We got into a number of heated arguments.

Now I think she likes me better than my wife's brother. We get along pretty well now considering where we started out at.

Just give it time and always be the better person....as much as you want to go off and yell or tell your dad exactly what you think don't. In the long run it will work out and you'll be glad you were the bigger person.

HAHA I am not laughing because this is funny but I was in the same boat you are man. I am getting married in May and had to fight through the same stuff that you are dealing with now. I could go into the long drawn out explanation of what happened. Heres what helped me, I cut off all contact with them for 4 months. I mean not a word, If i saw an email I deleted it, If they called no answer and didn't bother to listen to the message. I was sick of the negative crap, and bottom line, The relationship with my amazing fiance' is my life, not my parents. It's my decision and I will have to live with all the consequences, good and bad. After 4 months my dad called one day and we hit it off great. It was like talking to a friend you hadn't see in a while. During those four months my parents had time to figure out what my limit was and the area of my life they needed to stay out of. In that time I also learned how to better deal with my folks when they were, "unruley." It definitely turned out for the better. I think if you realize that going in, your judgement will be much clearer. here's the weird twist on my situation, When I first met My fiance and we started getting serious, thats all my mom could talk about, seemingly excited that I had met "The Girl", and my fiances parents held back, After I asked her to marry me, Her folks were overjoyed and mine started to crap. Go Figure, its never good enough.

Back