China Visit

PWMURPHY

After more than a year of absence, I am finally getting an opportunity to return to China at least temporarily in January and February. I should get some time particularly in February to do some touring and visiting. If any old (or potentially new) friends are still there, give me a shout by PM and I'll try to drop by while I am there. I'll even buy the pijiu - but local brands only!
Pat Murphy

Both, I guess.
I will be working with a development group seeking support and financial backing for a new flight school in one of two favorable areas. I am officially leaving my current employer at the end of this year. So, if this opportunity does not work out, guess I will be looking elsewhere as well.
PM

I will be working with a development group seeking support and financial backing for a new flight school in one of two favorable areas.

PW,

Interesting. I know Pan Am is (or was) over there doing some training and I THINK some Chinese students go overseas for training but is there still enough need that there's room for additional training capacity in country ?

The Chinese will limit overseas training in the future due to the difficulties of many of the oveseas schools completing the training. They have already stopped accepting applications from new schools overseas for approval.

Given that China currently is only graduating 1000 or so students a year in the country, I feel there is still opportunity there. I believe the overseas schools will be hit harder by the downturn.

Pat Murphy

The Chinese will limit overseas training in the future due to the difficulties of many of the oveseas schools completing the training. They have already stopped accepting applications from new schools overseas for approval.

PW,

What seems to be the problem with overseas schools failing to complete the training of Chinese students ? Are the schools in one particular country or is it a universal problem ?

Since you are going there to establish a school, I take it the Chinese government is amenable to letting expats come in and set up schools ?

After more than a year of absence, I am finally getting an opportunity to return to China at least temporarily in January and February. I should get some time particularly in February to do some touring and visiting. If any old (or potentially new) friends are still there, give me a shout by PM and I'll try to drop by while I am there. I'll even buy the pijiu - but local brands only!
Pat Murphy

Hey Pat,

I am in China typically once a month. Where will you be when you visit?

I am usually in Weifang (near Qing Dao)

I am heading over again on Jan 6th.

I will be in Shandong Province around January 19-21, just prior to the big holiday. I have always had Qingdao in my "must visit" list, but still have yet to get there. However, given our tight schedule and the pressure of the holiday, I'm not sure I will make it then. Email me at usabacolod@yahoo.com and we can compare travel schedules.
PM

Back