China Flight Training-Any Good News?

PWMURPHY

Since the news from the existing flight schools in China seems to be mostly negative, can anyone give us some positive news from there?
PM

The one person I still know from over there is running the school in Linyi. From what I hear from him is that it's business as usual. He and most of the instructors were grounded for a month due to the Olympics going so far as to forbid them from coming to the airport.
You know, the usual.
What do you hear?

Anybody here work at Beijing Panam? I don't see them advertise for instructors anymore. Their website still says they are hiring.

Also. If anybody has pics of the new terminal @ the shizzy please post them. I left before they finished it. I heard it was being built for overflow for the olympics. I want to see how big it is.

Apparently many (all?) of the schools in China are still shutdown until later this month due to the Olympics and Paralympics in Beijing, though I am not sure that edict applied to the government school at CAFUC. Beijing Panam was impacted as well. Rumors seem to question whether they will open for "business as usual" after the security clampdown passes. The other schools at Linyi and Wuzhou continue to advertise for flight instructors. But I hear more about instructors leaving those schools than those arriving.
PM

Anybody here work at Beijing Panam? I don't see them advertise for instructors anymore. Their website still says they are hiring.

Also. If anybody has pics of the new terminal @ the shizzy please post them. I left before they finished it. I heard it was being built for overflow for the olympics. I want to see how big it is.

My airline uses the new terminal 3. I just got back from a trip there this morning. It is an awesome terminal building. Saying that it is huge would not do it justice, the place is massive. The height of the ceiling is higher than any other big terminal I have ever been in. Nice Chinese touches to the interior decorating give it a good feel. The train system to and from the departure/baggage claim area is a bit of a pain compared to some terminals. Overall it's a good facility though. Would have to spend a longer layover inside the terminal to explore further. No real chance of that as aircrew though.

So far Air China uses it extensively, but China Easten and China Southern are still at terminal two. Emirates, Qatar, United, and many international airlines use it, but some have stayed at terminal two for now.

Typhoonpilot

Actually, I think Toonces is looking for comments and/or pics of the new airline terminal at Shijiazhuang. Construction was only beginning when I left in early 2007, so I would like to see any pics too.

I do hear that Terminal 3 at PEK is awesome. Looking forward to seeing it in person in the future. But I'll wait until after all the furor from the Olympics and Paralympics settles down!

PM

Actually, I think Toonces is looking for comments and/or pics of the new airline terminal at Shijiazhuang. Construction was only beginning when I left in early 2007, so I would like to see any pics too.

I do hear that Terminal 3 at PEK is awesome. Looking forward to seeing it in person in the future. But I'll wait until after all the furor from the Olympics and Paralympics settles down!

PM

Are you going back to work over there?

Back