chicago ATC tour

well, we're just receiving news that we might not be able to have a tour. Apparently, there have been some compromises at other ATC facilities around the country, so the threat levels are raised and because of that, we most likely will not be able to tour this time around.

plus, the last thing i want to do is get anyone going on the tour or anyone at the ATC facility giving the tour in trouble with homeland security. that would not be cool.

well, we're just receiving news that we might not be able to have a tour. Apparently, there have been some compromises at other ATC facilities around the country, so the threat levels are raised and because of that, we most likely will not be able to tour this time around.

I heard about this too about a week or two ago from someone at another airport. We were going to do a Control Tower tour with a group of kids at our Young Eagles Rally and they said the same thing, so we couldn't do the tour. We usually do this when we get a lot of kids who wont to fly with us and it will be a long time before the kids fly.

yeah, it's sad but unavoidable. we're actually waiting one more week to see if we get response from our outside sources but i'm not really counting on it anymore. :(

well, got word this morning that we *could* still have a tour. the only thing is that it has to be between 8am-3pm Monday - Friday (so not sat or sun) and you MUST have an FAA pilot certificate, student tickets will not be allowed.

considering these regulations, is anyone even going to be in town before 3pm on friday and if so, do you have an pilot certificate? I just don't see this happening for hardly anyone.

but if there are a few people out there, we could set something up for 2pm on Friday or early Monday. just gotta let me know ASAP cuz they have to have the names so they can run background checks.

considering these regulations, is anyone even going to be in town before 3pm on friday and if so, do you have an pilot certificate? I just don't see this happening for hardly anyone.

I'll be there at 8 AM on Friday and yes, I've got a cert.

Do I have to bring it?

We're hoping to be in around noon on Friday and definitely would be interested in the tour.

Patrick

Back