Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Quarterly

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KVNC

Florida Man
Hey all, sorry about the lack of photo contest for March. I've been busy flying and with life. I've come to see that the monthly format is a little too much for the amount of submission I usually get in the mail box. Usually its just one or two if I'm lucky. I've been thinking of moving the contest to a quarterly format following standard reporting dates in hopes of getting more submissions and a better vote. Dates would be April 1 through June 30 and July 1 through September 30 and so on. I also think this would cut down on the amount of threads in the photo forum. I'll make a poll and see if ya'll are on board or want to keep the monthly format. Thanks.

45 views and only 4 votes, c'mon people. Such a nice feature of our board here, should figure out how to re-invigorate our masses. Maybe post a thread in each of our major sub-forums? Maybe @Derg can use a little ad space for a bit to remind people how cool it is to check out peoples art? And maybe more people would be motivated to submit some art?
IDK, guess the photo contest atrophy saddens me a bit...

I love the idea of a photo contest but I’m pretty sure I’ve forgotten to involve myself in every single one.

I've also found that while I might have a picture to send in, the one I want to send in doesn't always conform to the dates allowed, so I don't.

So I guess, what my suggestion would be then, for each month/quarter or whatever is decided, that if it's going to have a theme, then allow us to submit a photo from any time i.e. not taken during that month, with just the stipulation that said photo has never been submitted to this contest before (honors system of course)? Or, if you want only photos taken during the period, then don't have a theme? That might open it up to more entries.

So I guess, what my suggestion would be then, for each month/quarter or whatever is decided, that if it's going to have a theme, then allow us to submit a photo from any time i.e. not taken during that month, with just the stipulation that said photo has never been submitted to this contest before (honors system of course)? Or, if you want only photos taken during the period, then don't have a theme? That might open it up to more entries.
Quoted for emphasis on my "like". Could this suggestion save our photo contest?
(Full disclosure, I've never submitted, just a big fan.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back