CFII/Saratoga Pilot

Crockrocket94

1-15-2009Send to friendTEXELTEK, INC. Corporate CFII Columbia MD, Tel: 301.880.7123 Fax: 301.880.7162 http://uspilot.com/mail_resume.php?joblist_id=994 Web site: texeltek.com/

Details
Fly as corporate CFII on a part-time basis for a top high tech company. Corporate aircraft is a
factory new Piper Saratoga II TC with Garmin G1000 glass cockpit. Position carries generous
company benefits including 401-K with profit contributions. Candidates with prior military or
TOP SECRET clearances may be eligible for signing bonus.

Candidates for this position should have the following experience: FAA Private or Commercial
Pilot Certificate with FAA Instrument Instructor Rating, Minimum of 750 hours as Pilot in
Command, At least 100 hours logged in complex aircraft, At least 25 hours of been logged in
a(n) Piper PA-32R Turbo equipped with a Garmin G1000 system.

Position requires frequent flights in 2008 PA-32R-301T from Manassas, VA or Gaithersburg, MD to
MA, VA, GA, FL, IL and CO. Function as CFII for PP SEL pilot during cross country and KGAI, KHEF
local flights. Pilot must have experience operating with Washington D.C. ADIZ. Position
qualified candidates may lead to government TOP SECRET clearance.

Sounds like an interesting gig. I get the impression that one would be flying and training his/her replacement while employed there!

wow, a job that I actually qualify for, minus the ADIZ time.
so, i guess I still don't.

I wonder how many people they would want to lug around, full fuel the thing only can lug three adults, full fuel is a lot of fuel though.

Wow, the 25 hours in type with G1000 really narrows the market. Hope they don't mind waiting a while or bending the rules. Fat chance finding someone out there who has every PLUS a history with TS security.

http://www.newpiper.com/aircraft/saratoga~tc/options.asp

Go to the Spec dl, it says Avidyne.

??

-edit. guess we;re both kinda right. Wiki says " Beginning in 2004 the Saratoga models were available with an Avidyne Entegra "Glass Panel" avionics system, which was replaced by the Garmin G1000 in 2007"

Umm, I think the Avidyne system is beeing phased out by most manufactuers, due to the capibilities and power of the Garmin. open mouth, insert foot. I see you have figured this out. If it wasn't for the ADIZ time, I just may have had a shot at this one.

I hate it when companies don't realize that they can NEGOTIATE with their insurance companies. Those requirements are a joke.

I looked at the requirements. If your hours are close, don't let them scare you off. You may have a qualification or skill, not posted, but needed.

The DC ADIZ is no big deal. If your on a trip, your going to file, thus you meet the requirement. Review the short training supplement offered via the FAA web site take the test and your set. Good luck

I'm not sure if it's training your replacement or babysitting/training a GA-enthusiast company owner. Maybe he'll realize he really needs a Meridian/KingAir/TBM after a year. The avionics/type-specific requirement is pretty odd- how many G1000 Turbo Saratogas are there, 10? I vaguely remember hearing that Piper's total '08 production was ~40 and that the PA32 is discontinued after '08. Sounds like they're limiting their pool of applicants tremendously. One ins. co wanted me to have either 25 in type OR 250 complex to fly a Saratoga with my IR student (he ended up going with a nicer Mooney that really doesn't fit his mission as well but uses about half the 100LL; different story).

I meant to add that it could be a pretty good job. I think that after a couple trips to CO in a Saratoga the owner will be hankering for something faster with 4-season capability.

I'm not sure if it's training your replacement or babysitting/training a GA-enthusiast company owner. Maybe he'll realize he really needs a Meridian/KingAir/TBM after a year. The avionics/type-specific requirement is pretty odd- how many G1000 Turbo Saratogas are there, 10? I vaguely remember hearing that Piper's total '08 production was ~40 and that the PA32 is discontinued after '08. Sounds like they're limiting their pool of applicants tremendously. One ins. co wanted me to have either 25 in type OR 250 complex to fly a Saratoga with my IR student (he ended up going with a nicer Mooney that really doesn't fit his mission as well but uses about half the 100LL; different story).

Of course I don't know this particular situation with THIS owner, but I will enter my .02:::

I moved to OH to fly what I was told was a BE36 Bonanza with an owner that wanted to become a pilot. I needed to be a CFI and II because he wanted to start his PPL immediately and eventually wanted to get his instrument rating. "Training my replacement" After flying a years worth of trips with him in the Bonanza (TEB, FRG, ATL area) he realized that he did not have the time to devote to becoming a pilot and was happy paying somebody to fly for him. Anyways, may be a great opportunity for somebody, don't count this owner out, go to the interview and see!

Good Luck Everybody!

I just flew a Saratoga 20 minutes. Ugh. I can't imagine flying one from the East Coast to CO.

For the right pay, I still think it could be a good opportunity. The drudgery seems a bit more palatable when you make decent money.

Back