CFII Checkride Help

Beech90

My CFI-I checkride is Friday and I'm getting a little nervous.

Here is the stuff I know cold:

Lost coms
Alternate requirements
Alternate Mins
IFR Low Alt Chart symbols
Approach plate symbols
Currency
Required inspections

Is there anything else I should review?

Look at the PTS. If it is in there it is fair game.. It'll be easier than your initial.

THIS. Review the PTS, and be prepared to teach any technical subject area in the PTS. For mine I had to teach how all the instruments worked, and the errors associated with each instrument. For my CFII ride I had little time to prepare, and some of the stuff I was teaching was on the fly. NOT how I like to do check rides, but I still passed without a shadow of a doubt. :)

THIS. Review the PTS, and be prepared to teach any technical subject area in the PTS. For mine I had to teach how all the instruments worked, and the errors associated with each instrument. For my CFII ride I had little time to prepare, and some of the stuff I was teaching was on the fly. NOT how I like to do check rides, but I still passed without a shadow of a doubt. :)

This right here. Pretty much know the PTS cover to cover. I had to do IFR XC scenario, currency scenarios and had to teach gyroscopic/pitot static instruments. There was no FOI on my CFII (Thank god).

How to determine approach category. Holding pattern rules,procedures and drift correction calculations. Procedure turns. Circling radius for different category a/c. VDP calculations (mileage and time). RVSM. The new SID and STAR phraseology and procedures. Position reporting rules and procedures. Classes of NDBs. VOR operational service volume. ILS-PRM procedures. Differences between approach lighting systems. Know these COLD.

Back