CFI Renewal - American Flyers?

germb747

My CFI expires in Feb, so I still have plenty of time, but I'm wondering what the feedback is for people who took the American Flyers online (lifetime) course. If it's a good course, I might sign up for it, and just take my time with it even if it's time consuming. Otherwise, Aviation Seminars is in town this weekend and I could knock it out that way. Any recommendations?

I have done two renewals online, but it was through AOPA.
It is time consuming, but if you spread it out for 2-3 weeks, all you have to do is spend about 1 hr a day, (which I did), and that made it feel less time consuming.
On the other hand, the seminar is probably alot more fun.

I will be looking into American Flyers next time, because I think it's probably pretty much the same thing as AOPA, but you don't have to pay every time you take it. You pay one time and you are set for life.( I like that).

Good Luck!

I was put off by American Flyers because it requires so many clicks per hour for the time to register, making it more difficult to do a little bit here, a little bit there, etc.

I went with Gleim and really liked it, so I recommend that.

Thanks for the replies. I did another search of the forum and found lots of good info. (the first time I did a search, I must have put in the wrong search terms because not much came up).

Based on what I've read on the forum, I'm leaning towards Gleim. While I like the forever renewal offered by AF, most of the folks who posted here seem to think Gleim has a superior product, and I'm willing to pay for a better product.

Back