CFI Reinstated

Propilot

I accidentally let my CFI/CFI-I expire (man two years goes by fast!). I hadn't flown a single engine piston plane in many years.

Took me 850 dollars and quite a bit of elbow grease reviewing the books (magneto? figure 8?) but after 2 weeks of studying, a few training fights, I finally passed my checkride today.

I am never going to let that thing expire again!

If you are a 121 captain go see your local FSDO for a very quick & easy renewal!

And congrats btw!

Congrats on getting it reinstated. Now, put several reminders in Google Calendar at about the 22 month mark, so it starts spamming you with reminder emails :)

If mine expired, I don't know if I could stomach the renewal. Good job on getting that done... must have been fun. :)

I know they allow for renewel if you hold certain designations with a 121/135 operation. Can you get it reinstated if one holds those same designations?

I know they allow for renewel if you hold certain designations with a 121/135 operation. Can you get it reinstated if one holds those same designations?

Actually I realize the way I stated that sounded the case. But no, they will not renew it if actually expired. I meant more for preventative easy renewals to ensure it doesn't expire. 14 hour duty days and tasty beers do that to the brain.

With the pile of junk mail from companies wanting your $$$ to renew your CFI, I don't know how you could forget!

Anyway, congrats!

Well, I dont have a home. For the past two years I have been living out of a suitcase (literally), so, I dont get "mail".

The worst part is that I am an IP at my current company and probably could have renewed it with a simple letter.

I wanted say next time renew it on line....

My god it s so easy.. Take 3 or 5 days only....

I got my Cfi since 1998 and I renewed it 6 or 7 times. cost me 100 bucks first time and been free except notarial papers....
50 bucks for 2 years. 25/year.

Fsdo visit is free if you are in the Us.

Back