CFI pay $1500/ month???!

i would hope that they upped the performance bonuses. I know with 2K a month it was basically "icing" on the cake. I guess they are upping the performance bonuses to up the pass rates or hoping that people will cycle through as CFI's quicker?

I know the job market is bad but come on! This is a disgrace! OH, wait performance bonuses....
This is a raise over what they were paying in 2007. But I still did it, wasn't that bad since you don't have all that many expenses. There's another thread telling CFIs not to work for under $50/hour somewhere, that might be the right thread for you :)

And the joke about regional pay, is right on. Xjet first year FO take home pay is about $1345/m after taxes.

In my best month, I made over $1000 in bonuses. I think most average around $500 though.

How many days did/ do you work a week? How many guar. days off per month do you get? What are your benefits? how much of your $1000 was actually taken out in taxes?:yup: Be honest..

the instructors definitely deserve as much as possible for as many hours as they work. at the busier locations, they put in crazy hours and there isnt much in the way of days off. in some respect, they are on-call 24/7 in that students will always have questions and many often put in the extra hours out of the training center at the apartments to help students learn. however such is life i suppose when starting in aviation...

How many days did/ do you work a week? How many guar. days off per month do you get? What are your benefits? how much of your $1000 was actually taken out in taxes?:yup: Be honest..

Thats the second time you have mentioned taxes??? What taxes? None are taken out at ATP since you are contract labor.

Thats the second time you have mentioned taxes??? What taxes? None are taken out at ATP since you are contract labor.

That is my point. You dont get any benefits. The thread started as $1500 a month? As I had mentioned before and when loadmaster said that he made 1000 in a month in bonuses, you dont actually make 1000. Comparing the CFI job to an xjt job someone mentioned that the regional pilot gets health insurance. May be the regional pilot as bad as the QOL is has a chance to gain seniority.. ATP can advertise whatever it wants.. seniority get there first.. 13% of the way to your 1500 hours..:rotfl: And if you think to yourself "what taxes?", you may have a rude awakening come tax season.

Dang, they reduced the pay? performance bonuses are great if youre busy like they were 2 years ago, but now that its slowed down, i cant imagine very much many bonuses are being paid out...

I never paid taxes on my ATP income... the IRS didnt find out either. I live dangerously I guess. lol

I never paid taxes on my ATP income... the IRS didnt find out either. I live dangerously I guess. lol[/QUOTE]

That may not work out in your favor when you are filling out an sf 85 or sf 86 form

Back