CFI Oral

Hckey2477

I Have my CFI Oral next Wed. or Thursday. Please wish me luck. As much as I have studied so far, I still do not feel like I could ever be ready. I am super stressed out, but relieved at the same time. I am tired of the wife being the only bread maker. LOL ;)

I am sure that you will do just fine (hm, where have I heard that before?).
Take your time. You know way more than you will ever teach to a private pilot so keep it simple. Do not be afraid to look something up and don't hesitate to ask the administrator if he/she accepts tips:D

Good luck!

Good luck, I just got the living day lights kicked out of me during my CFII oral today. Nothing beats having three FAA inspectors sitting in on your oral.

Good luck, I just got the living day lights kicked out of me during my CFII oral today. Nothing beats having three FAA inspectors sitting in on your oral.

Ouch, that is cruel and unusual punishment.:panic:

I Have my CFI Oral next Wed. or Thursday. Please wish me luck. As much as I have studied so far, I still do not feel like I could ever be ready. I am super stressed out, but relieved at the same time. I am tired of the wife being the only bread maker. LOL ;)

Don't over study the night before. Make sure you get a good nights sleep, if you can. Make sure you are on time but no more than 10-15 minutes early at most. I got reamed out by my guy because I taxied on to their ramp 20 minutes early.

One thing I would work on is, practice teaching a couple of your lesson plans to your wife. I had a hard time doing that because the first time I taught a complete lesson plan was in front of a fed.

Lastley, don't let the Fed bully you. If you are confident don't let him change your mind on an answer or in the plane. On my checkride we briefed a full stop landing and on touchdown he jammed the throttle in on me. I knocked his hand off it and stopped the airplane. He said he thought we were doing a touch and go. I politely correct him and said we briefed a full stop. He then said good job, I wanted to see what you would do.

Relax, be yourself and you will do fine.

Ditto on the "don't study the night before." Take it a little easy the day before, sleep as much as possible. Be confident yet NOT cocky. Don't be afraid to ask for a break if you need one. Eat snacks to keep up that energy.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!! Can't wait to read that you passed :)

Ouch, that is cruel and unusual punishment.:panic:

Don't over study the night before. Make sure you get a good nights sleep, if you can. Make sure you are on time but no more than 10-15 minutes early at most. I got reamed out by my guy because I taxied on to their ramp 20 minutes early.

One thing I would work on is, practice teaching a couple of your lesson plans to your wife. I had a hard time doing that because the first time I taught a complete lesson plan was in front of a fed.

Lastley, don't let the Fed bully you. If you are confident don't let him change your mind on an answer or in the plane. On my checkride we briefed a full stop landing and on touchdown he jammed the throttle in on me. I knocked his hand off it and stopped the airplane. He said he thought we were doing a touch and go. I politely correct him and said we briefed a full stop. He then said good job, I wanted to see what you would do.

Relax, be yourself and you will do fine.

It sucks when all three of them combined have over 80 years of experience. You can't BS your way through an oral with them.

Thanks for all of the support. I bought a dry erase board the other day and have been teaching the wife a little bit here and there. I really think it's helping.

Thanks for all of the support. I bought a dry erase board the other day and have been teaching the wife a little bit here and there. I really think it's helping.

Good luck...I was there just a month or two ago...you will do fine.

Good luck!

The advice above is golden so really listen to it. The only thing I can add is HAVE FUN! You didn't get into flying to be miserable did you? Go into that room and remember how much fun this really is.

I'm a two year CFI with CFII, MEI and i hate my life. Your wife will always be the bread winner.....hate to burst your happy top gun dream your living in. WAKE UP!!!!! Being a CFI sucks, I would rather drill my eye balls out than choose this career again. Now I'm stuck......shucks.

I'm sure she's thrilled about learning about angle of attack and Bernoulli's Principle...

Good luck!! :)

I'm a two year CFI with CFII, MEI and i hate my life. Your wife will always be the bread winner.....hate to burst your happy top gun dream your living in. WAKE UP!!!!! Being a CFI sucks, I would rather drill my eye balls out than choose this career again. Now I'm stuck......shucks.

Wow dude. Lighten up a bit. If i had a top gun dream I would have joined the airforce. If you're that unhappy, do something else.

If you decide to jump, bro, just make sure you choose high enough of a floor and yell "clear!!!" first so no innocent bystanders don't get whomped.

In all seriousness, lighten up a little man!

awww.... someone needs a hug!

Back