CFI job in Dallas area

youngpilot85

Hey guys, I am currently seeking a CFI job somewhere near Dallas, Texas. I have already applied to U.S. Flight Academy in Denton, and American Flyers in Addison. Not really looking to move south of the Dallas area but will if I have to . If anyone is currently knows of any openings, I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!!!!!!!!

YP

Try Pro Aircraft flight training out in Ft. Worth at T67. I did my instructing there and reached 135 mins in one year. There's probably no chance at getting any multi time there and the planes are not the most beautiful. There are lots of students though.

The number is (817)-439-3033.

Also try Skymates out of GKY. The chief flight instructor is a member of this site.

I've heard all the big name flight schools in the DFW area aren't hiring. However, a well placed, well timed resume would probably get you in. At our FBO/Flight School we probably average 3-4 calls a day asking if we are hiring CFI's.

All the flight schools I can think of.

http://www.ntxfc.com/ ....scary :(, based in TKI
www.skymates.com, get your MEI if you go here.
www.marcairaviation.com, based at 52F, flower mound
http://www.atpflightschool.com/, again get your MEI
http://www.deltaconnectionacademy.com/home.aspx, arlington
http://www.pro-aircraft.com/, Ft. Worth
http://www.americanflyers.net/, has a few local locations.
www.monarchair.com, not hiring at the moment though

Good luck to you. Let me know if you need anything else.

All the flight schools I can think of.

http://www.ntxfc.com/ ....scary :(, based in TKI

Why do you say scary?

They're not hiring instructors right now, either. The rates are also a little high, even though it's tach time. Part of the problem is that Cutter Aviation rapes everyone on the field for fuel.

Thanks for the help guys. I will let you know whether I have any luck within the next couple of weeks. If anyone else has any other places of referrence, please let me know :)...

YP

Why do you say scary?

They're not hiring instructors right now, either. The rates are also a little high, even though it's tach time. Part of the problem is that Cutter Aviation rapes everyone on the field for fuel.
Yeah, I'd be curious to know why he says scary also....

I work at TKI and I had talked to a couple members of the ntfc. They were tired of some of the airplanes breaking down. From what I hear, the owners of the airplanes (lease backs) are responsible for keeping up with maintenance. Some of the owners might be choosing to let some/a lot of issues go without fixing. One of the guys I talked to was flying one of the airplanes and blew a cylinder. I have recently heard though that not all the airplanes are poorly maintained. Probably just depends on the airplane you take. They do have a fleet of older airplanes but who here hasnt flown old airplanes at some time or another? So to sum it all up, just do a little inquiring about the airplanes before you fly it. I certainly wasnt trying to put down the NTFC.

I work at TKI and I had talked to a couple members of the ntfc. They were tired of some of the airplanes breaking down. From what I hear, the owners of the airplanes (lease backs) are responsible for keeping up with maintenance. Some of the owners might be choosing to let some/a lot of issues go without fixing. One of the guys I talked to was flying one of the airplanes and blew a cylinder. I have recently heard though that not all the airplanes are poorly maintained. Probably just depends on the airplane you take. They do have a fleet of older airplanes but who here hasnt flown old airplanes at some time or another? So to sum it all up, just do a little inquiring about the airplanes before you fly it. I certainly wasnt trying to put down the NTFC.
PM'ed.

What exactly is the relationship between NTFC and Texins Flying Club?

PM'ed.

What exactly is the relationship between NTFC and Texins Flying Club?

The way it was explained to me a long time ago, NTXFC was a spin-off from TFC, which was originally a flying club started by some guys from Texas Instruments. I may have the details wrong, but that's the general gist.

There are instructors who teach for both clubs, and they tend to share lockboxes and locations, but seperate memberships and aircraft.

If you're interested in NTXFC, go to their website and look up Doug Saye. Talk to him directly. He's a really, really good guy, and he shoots straight. Garry Ackerman is the other honcho in the club, but I always found it easier to get in touch with Doug.

For what it's worth...I learned to fly with NTXFC. I only flew the 152s. They were old, they'd sometimes break, but any old airplane with thousands of hours is going to have issues sometimes. I had a month of really annoying problems with one of them refusing to start, but that was fixed when it came out of annual.

The owner on the 2 152s (at the time, may have changed hands) was a great A and P who would usually fix things within 12 hours of my squawking it. He was even there to congratulate me the day I earned my PPL.

I cannot speak to any of the other airplanes or owners, as I had no experience with them.

Well, he wanted the logbooks back, too. But it was still cool that he was there. :)

Thanks Morgan! I have sent you a copy of my resume. Please let me know whether or not you've received it. Good day...

YP

Angleair down at Midway (KJWY) was looking for a CFI a while back. Don't know if they still are

Another thing.....

Don't be afraid the put on a nicely ironed polo shirt and kakis to blanket the DFW area with your resume. There's bound to be something out there. Did you try pro aircraft yet? I've never seen them not hurting for flight instructors.

Another thing.....

Don't be afraid the put on a nicely ironed polo shirt and kakis to blanket the DFW area with your resume. There's bound to be something out there. Did you try pro aircraft yet? I've never seen them not hurting for flight instructors.

I know a guy who has been doing exactly that in the DFW area for a couple months. Been working the phones hard, too, and he has been completely unable to find anything.

Another thing.....

I dont know about Pro but I know that the Indian market is all dried up right now. Their industry is much like ours, no more airlines hiring.

We used to have a revolving door of flight instructors but now we have about 5 to many to be honest. Its tough times for everyone.

Back