CFI in Florida (east coast)

SatelliteBeachPilot

Desperately looking for a new CFI job, I have my CFI, CFII & MEI. Also have a 4 year degree from UCF.

I was told I had a job with Flight Safety and it kept getting pushed back until they fiinally said we don't have a start date for you. Now I have wasted a month on that and need a new job.

Just wondering if ANYONE currently working at any flight schools in the area (east coast, West Palm to Titusville/Orlando/New Smyrna) knows of any openings or can help me out.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Orlando Flight training located at Merritt Island is in need of CFI’s. I was just in there last month and they wanted me to come in part time just to help fill in.

Air Orlando

Hiring Contact:

E-mail: info@flyairorlando.com
Website: http://www.flyairorlando.com/employment_at_air_orlando.htm
Fax: 407-896-7551

Fixed Wing and Helicopter CFIs

Job Description:
Positions open for Airplane and/or Helicopter flight instructors, CFI, CFII, and MEI. Qualifications to train flight instructors a plus. Tail wheel and aerobatic instruction experience a major plus. We have new, absolutely perfectly maintained, clean equipment. Standard and advanced avionics including glass cockpits. Full-motion simulation. All instructors are employed full-time and covered by workman’s compensation insurance and liability insurance. Health insurance (50% premium paid) coverage available after 90 days. We have an impressive record of safety, security, and upward mobility.

Please send resume to info@flyairorlando.com, ATTN: Employment.

Just FYI, I've been applying to both locations repeatedly with no reply.

A friend of mine works for Orlando Flight Training's main campus and says they have zero demand for new instructors. Their remote campus might, but either way it's a hard time to be looking. Florida especially seems rough will all of the CFIs from the larger schools being down there.

Good luck finding something. The places that do seem to be hiring are the ones with Chinese contracts. The flow of Indian students has trickled out lately though.

Yeah I wish I knew of something also. Emailed resume to Air Orlando and got a reply that they suspended interviewing for now. Definitely tough getting even a CFI gig down in Florida right now

Seems like the only places that are hiring is in the northeast. I guess winter time can be pretty brutal.

Either way unless you have high dual-given times air orlando will not hire you unless you did one the your instructor ratings with them. This from the chief pilot and an email I recieved when I applied.

Try
Palm Beach Flight Training in Lantana- they had advertised alot for awhile looking for instructors. They have a location at Stuart as well, but believe that location is real slow.
Good Luck:)

Try
Palm Beach Flight Training in Lantana- they had advertised alot for awhile looking for instructors. They have a location at Stuart as well, but believe that location is real slow.
Good Luck:)

I'm PBFT alumni! :) Good place, I stayed very busy there and the boss is a good business woman. Work hard and she will take care of you. Lots of students, new planes, and a fun environment! There are a lot of opportunities in the area (PBI/BCT/FXE/FLL) for moving on after you build some time.

Back